News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

[GROUP PROJECT / GASM] Refractions

Started by Cramulus, February 08, 2012, 05:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

minuspace

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Cramulus on February 10, 2012, 04:05:31 PM
love this! I used it here: http://23ae.com/2012/02/demons-are-everywhere-now/ - hope that's cool :)

is that actually a person in the photograph? Or was that superimposed later? I like how it looks like you can see through his eye

Are these okay to modify? Ya'll are pretty familiar with the type of stuff I do by this point.

Cramulus

Of course, QG! If I copyright a piece that I've posted here, I make sure the copyright is explicit. Anything else is creative-commons (I generally go with the Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.)

my kopyleft notice: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,11808.0/msg,367394.html

Cramulus

We're immersed in time.

So we rarely notice it or think about it. It's a forbidden topic -- the ellipses following a euphemism. We pretend that we're not drowning in time. We just doggy paddle down the mysterious river.

Some photographs remind you. They show you a moment that has passed. A snowflake that has melted into a drop of water, refracting the light into a spectrum. The colors of buildings. The costumes of the actors. The shape of a car. The fonts on a sign. You don't have to go back very far before everything starts looking foreign.

If you were to travel through time, even if you remained in the same city, you would be a foreigner. Sometimes that thought makes me very lonely. We have to face the mystery alone.

The faces in the photograph look at you with knowing eyes.

But they don't know, you know.

Their mystery has melted. My mystery is now. I am writing it as I'm solving it. Mystery novelists say you should start with the ending and then work backwards. So I take a mental snapshot of the future. I'm looking at the fonts, the shapes of cars, the spectrum of color hidden in the white light. When you look at a photograph of the future, does it make you nostalgic for the present?

Let's take a moment to drink it in and reflect.

A bunch of foreigners gripping umbrellas form a line to immigrate.
..................................................................................

minuspace

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

My Horrible Tucson stuff should be up tonight.

Includes confirmed hipster sitings, Roger in a flatcap, and various bits of awful in the legal district...To include the storefront that USED to be The Grill; the loss of which pains me greatly.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Luna on February 17, 2012, 10:24:36 PM
Snapped this today:

It's exactly this kind of house, that sticks with me most when I remember what the (part of the) USA looked like that I visited.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

minuspace

Please attribute photos to "Net" and post a link in this thread if you use one of them.

I can probably make these thumbnails or links if it's too much of an image wall.

Triple Zero

Loaded fine for me, they're all no bigger than ~100k. I dunno if we got people still on terribly slow connections?

(and the ones on smartphones with limited data should be using Opera Mobile/Mini with Opera Turbo anyhow--compresses your bandwidth reduces image quality and save quite a bit of bytes)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.