News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

An Open Apology

Started by Dysfunctional Cunt, February 15, 2011, 08:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 17, 2011, 08:00:46 PM
Ok, let's pump the brakes here.  You sound like you're describing yourselves as the remora eels of the PD.com shark tank. 

Which gives us all something interesting to consider...

:sad:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

Quote from: Luna on February 17, 2011, 08:05:39 PM
Ok, let's pump the brakes here.  You sound like you're describing yourselves as the remora eels of the PD.com shark tank. 

Remoras aren't eels, they're fish.   :wink:

Right you are.  Serves me right for not having Wikipedia open while I post...  :lol:

Adios

Have all of you fuckers been cheating with having shit open all this time? I never even thought about having wiki or anything else open.

I feel stupid now.

Luna

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 17, 2011, 08:10:38 PM

Right you are.  Serves me right for not having Wikipedia open while I post...  :lol:

Gee, I thought you were just giving one of us the chance to feel smart.  ;)

Quote from: Charley Brown on February 17, 2011, 08:13:04 PM
Have all of you fuckers been cheating with having shit open all this time? I never even thought about having wiki or anything else open.

I feel stupid now.

Aw, shush, you're one of the reasons I keep looking stuff up.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Adios

Quote from: Luna on February 17, 2011, 08:14:07 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 17, 2011, 08:10:38 PM

Gee, I thought you were just giving one of us the chance to feel smart.  ;)

I feel stupid now.

Aw, shush, you're one of the reasons I keep looking stuff up.

Not me, I only have a 9th grade education.

LMNO

I feel stupid now.

After having my main points be ignored over pedantic corrections for over fiver years, I've learned to make sure that all my verifiable facts are, in fact, verified.

I've abandonded hundreds if not thousands of posts because I doublechecked first.

Luna

Quote from: Charley Brown on February 17, 2011, 08:15:31 PM

So?  The educational system is a joke.  (I know, I work at a university.)

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Adios

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 17, 2011, 08:15:54 PM

I feel stupid now.

After having my main points be ignored over pedantic corrections for over fiver years, I've learned to make sure that all my verifiable facts are, in fact, verified.

I've abandonded hundreds if not thousands of posts because I doublechecked first.

Well fuck.

LMNO

Quote from: Charley Brown on February 17, 2011, 08:15:31 PM

Doesn't mean you stopped learning after that point.

LMNO

Don't get me wrong, I'm not constantly fact-checking things.  But as you know, the subjects and topics here are pretty far flung, so when it gets into territory I'm unsure of, I fact check myself.  I'd do it IRL, if I could.

navkat

I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS.

I think what she feels is that sometimes, you guys go waaaaaay the fuck out there on some shit you've done or read and that can sometimes be intimidating...or maybe I'm projecting?

Whatev. Everyone brings something to the table. No one is an eel.

Adios

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 17, 2011, 08:20:46 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not constantly fact-checking things.  But as you know, the subjects and topics here are pretty far flung, so when it gets into territory I'm unsure of, I fact check myself.  I'd do it IRL, if I could.

Okay, that I do as well.

LMNO

Quote from: navkat on February 17, 2011, 08:20:53 PM
Ok, let's pump the brakes here.  You sound like you're describing yourselves as the remora eels of the PD.com shark tank.  

I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS.

I think what she feels is that sometimes, you guys go waaaaaay the fuck out there on some shit you've done or read and that can sometimes be intimidating...or maybe I'm projecting?

Whatev. Everyone brings something to the table. No one is an eel.

I have been informed that the Remora is, in fact, a fish.

To be specific, they hitch a ride attached to sharks, and after a feeding frenzy, detach and pick up the scraps.

The point being, I don't consider you as Remoras.  

navkat

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 17, 2011, 08:15:54 PM

I feel stupid now.

I've done this. It's kind of a bittersweet feeling. Like "Oh shit, I guess I was wrong. Good thing I didn't post that." and "Oh shit, I just learned something new!" at he same time.

Luna

Yep.  I've learned shit just by double-checking the stupid I was about to post.