News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sita

Today is Thursday. When did it become Thursday? I blinked and the week is gone already.
Tomorrow is shopping. Need some basics and some snacks for Saturday. That is if parents are coming over, haven't heard a definite on that yet.

New year means we also get screwed with new insurance. Hoping that the free insulin thing that husband was on will be returning. Freaking stuff is expensive.
Also our dental and vision better not suck because I'm sure I will be needing those this year.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: :regret: on January 02, 2014, 06:08:47 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 02, 2014, 05:56:36 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 02, 2014, 05:54:51 PM
Well, I've been playing for almost five hours now..it's fair to say I have no life.

I like the expanded focus on culture, religion and diplomacy, with win conditions for those.  I mean, we all know the real way to win is with nuclear hellfire and screaming Mongols riding war-ponies (or, alternative, the power of SPACE NERDS), but for those with delicate stomaches, the options are a good idea.

Civilization AI has never been good, the computer has always been a cheating bastard.  Still, once I get to grips with the game, I'll definitely give the Pocatello a go.  I've currently got a Greek game running, where I seem to have accidentally founded a religion.

Pocatello is busted.  Play him twice, and then go back to playing the Polish or something.  It adds a challenge.
:argh!: He is not busted I am just exceptionally good with him!  :lulz:

BUSTED.

Cain:  When you play Pocatello, your pathfinder (which you get as your first unit) can pick the benefit of ruins.  Take "upgrade your unit" and see what happens.

That's just one tiny bit of the broken.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 02, 2014, 06:12:49 PM
Well, I've been playing for almost five hours now..it's fair to say I have no life.

I like the expanded focus on culture, religion and diplomacy, with win conditions for those.  I mean, we all know the real way to win is with nuclear hellfire and screaming Mongols riding war-ponies (or, alternative, the power of SPACE NERDS), but for those with delicate stomaches, the options are a good idea.

Civilization AI has never been good, the computer has always been a cheating bastard.  Still, once I get to grips with the game, I'll definitely give the Pocatello a go.  I've currently got a Greek game running, where I seem to have accidentally founded a religion.

Pocatello is busted.  Play him twice, and then go back to playing the Polish or something.  It adds a challenge.

BUSTED.

Cain:  When you play Pocatello, your pathfinder (which you get as your first unit) can pick the benefit of ruins.  Take "upgrade your unit" and see what happens.

The Romans are quite powerful as well, since your Legions can build roads and fortresses. These guys are the masters of tactical use of armies and at least these units can be upgraded unlike the pathfinder. Alright, if you upgrade your pathfinder with ruins you can have 1 unit that keeps his skills, but long term, that is useless.
I do think Pocatello's "city starts with..." skill is a bit too much.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: :regret: on January 02, 2014, 06:18:25 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 02, 2014, 06:12:49 PM

BUSTED.

The Romans are quite powerful as well, since your Legions can build roads and fortresses. These guys are the masters of tactical use of armies and at least these units can be upgraded unlike the pathfinder. Alright, if you upgrade your pathfinder with ruins you can have 1 unit that keeps his skills, but long term, that is useless.
I do think Pocatello's "city starts with..." skill is a bit too much.

Absolutely disagree.  One gatling gun with increased movement that ignores terrain is the best fucking bandit buster ever.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: 375 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal on January 02, 2014, 03:12:29 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 02, 2014, 03:04:52 AM
Tomorrow I am getting a Fitbit and a new phone, hiking the ridge, and previewing my books for next term. I want to lose ten pounds by the end of February.

I can link you a fitness app that tracks you calorie content, and you can also scan in products you buy. Very handy whenever I go to bar's.

Is it MyFitnessPal? I think that's the one Fitbit uses.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 02, 2014, 06:22:58 PM
Quote from: 375 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal on January 02, 2014, 03:12:29 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 02, 2014, 03:04:52 AM
Tomorrow I am getting a Fitbit and a new phone, hiking the ridge, and previewing my books for next term. I want to lose ten pounds by the end of February.

I can link you a fitness app that tracks you calorie content, and you can also scan in products you buy. Very handy whenever I go to bar's.

Yes! You can also create your recipes and know how much you consume with your from scratch products. Or if you ever decided fuck it I'm getting some fast food joint stuff you can keep track of the info.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: 375 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal on January 02, 2014, 06:38:13 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 02, 2014, 06:22:58 PM

Yes! You can also create your recipes and know how much you consume with your from scratch products. Or if you ever decided fuck it I'm getting some fast food joint stuff you can keep track of the info.

Yeah, my friends use it and it seems awesome!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

I MADED $50!  CASH, EVEN!  I CAN PAY A BILL!  EXCITEMENT! 

HI FRED, ALSO! 

Odibex Grallspice

Verbal Mike

OMG FRED! HULLOW!

Another Civ V protip: Venice is fucking awesome. Oh my god is it awesome. I played Venice and then I bought the everything.
Like one time, when I had just like two cities and France was half a continent of scary, I bought up the city-state next to Paris, then later did a trade mission, then I just bought an army and took Paris and restored peace because peace is good for trade. Later I had to take some more of Napoleon's toys, but you know, nbd.
Seriously, Venice is kinda broken.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Freeky

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on January 02, 2014, 09:12:31 PM
That's Texas money!

More like, is money that a struggling small business can pay.  BUT OMG. 

:noodledance:

Odibex Grallspice

I played one of the Civ games on the original PS. Never could "win" though if that's even possible.

Reginald Ret

I wish they would make a new Alpha Centauri. The elevation and weather simulation was great in that sequel to CIV. You also got to design your own units. Annoying UI though.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Vladimir Poutine ⊂(◉‿◉)つ on January 01, 2014, 03:52:29 AM
Pizza over, Guiness time.

One of my friends has given me the save the date for her wedding which is PIRATE THEMED and I'm expected to come IN COSTUME. Does this mean don't shower for a month before?

I think it means you show up unannounced, steal all of the booze and wedding gifts, and leave with the bridesmaids.

Also, hey Fred! how's things?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Today's mission of upgrading my phone and buying a Fitbit has been accomplished. I also found a chest of drawers on my way to the store, which I snagged for the new roomies.

I am apparently hyper as fuck, having already taken about 3000 steps and 8 flights of stairs in about three hours, and that's without going for any walks or doing anything interesting. I don't think meeting the 10,000 step a day fitness goal is probably going to be too tough.

I also went to accomplish my other goal for today, which is starting on the genetics chapter of my bio textbook just to get a jump on things, and realized that I read it last term for shits and giggles.

I also made an appointment for a flu shot. Yay flu shot! I'm hearing reports that H1N1 has officially reached Portland this season.