News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

The Cramulus Debacle

Started by Adios, July 29, 2010, 09:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: BadBeast on July 30, 2010, 03:38:54 PM
Using alts is fine on other boards, IMO, because the way we use other boards, there is always the banhammer to consider. Also, backup accounts are an excellent Trolling tool. But on PD, there are very few things that will get you banned, and Trolling here just puts you on a long, messy downwards spiral of fail, and pain.
I can see the temptation of posting as a completely different persona, but there are ways to do that without making other users feel used, or deceived.  Dok did it with TGRR, and that was fine because it involved no subterfuge, and there was a definite process of transition that yielded all sorts of insights.
On a board like this, using an alt is fraught with potential consequences that need to be taken into consideration. Just doing it on a whim is probably never going to end well. Especially for a veteran poster.
PD is somewhere that we need to be able to drop our guard now and then, without having to worry too much about subterfuges, alts, or all the Bullshit we see that goes on in other boards, (admittedly, we're generally Trolling, and out to expose low quality bullshitters ) which is why I don't see the point of doing it here.

And I suspect Cram realises that alting here is not a good idea. And on an oppositional view, everyone's allowed to make an arse of themselves now and again. Amirite?  

There have always ALWAYS been alts on PD. I think just about everyone has one (not everyone, but MANY)
So what you just said here sounds absolutely fucking dicktarded to me. DICKTARDED!

And Cram especially. I happen to love his alts. Including Phineas.
Isn't there a list of all the alts here somewhere in one of these threads? I may be wrong.

How you pukes didn't know that was Cram is beyond me. He's posted quite a bit under that alt and those posts were usually good or at least entertaining.

Now I didn't get to fully read through every word of what he posted in Dok's thread since I was at work and didn't have time, but I at least appreciate what he was trying to do. I certainly didn't have anything to add to the thread but he was actually trying to bring about conversation and to make us possibly think, or debate, or whatever.
The way he was come down on was unnecessary and dickheaded.  Granted I'm one of the biggest jerks that ever assholed in dicktown, but jesus christ, when someone is trying to bring about a reasonable conversation, for fuck's sake, don't just "YUOR A FUCKING MORON" and dismiss them as such.

And Ratatosk, you're a fucking weasel and I've never agreed with a single thing you've ever said. Nope wait, once I did and I felt dirty.

Also 000 is Cram.
The end!

BadBeast

I didn't know about the alts, but I still think despite that, the main point I was trying to make had at least some validity. The dogpiling thing is not an uncommon reaction, and shouldn't be seen as aberrant, or unexpected.
Also, I didn't take part in any of it, I just posted what I thought, in this thread. From a point of ignorance about the alts, admittedly, but I still think what I said had some relevance. Or at least, it wasn't "absolutely fucking dicktarded" (not absolutely) 
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Sir Squid Diddimus

fine. slightly dicktarded then.

the whole post wasn't directed only at you btw.

Freeky

Squiddy said it better than I would have been able to.

Zyzyx

Yeah, this isn't worth it. Just more internet bullshit. Bye.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What Squid said. Also why the fuck is this such a big fucking deal?

Cram's alts are funny

also, post as an alt, some people won't know it's you and will probably be extra dickish

laugh at the confusion

move the fuck on.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on July 30, 2010, 05:08:04 PMGranted I'm one of the biggest jerks that ever assholed in dicktown,

Squid.  This line.  Is phenomenal.

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 30, 2010, 07:03:29 PM
Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on July 30, 2010, 05:08:04 PMGranted I'm one of the biggest jerks that ever assholed in dicktown,

Squid.  This line.  Is phenomenal.

just reporting the facts, sir.

LMNO

hooplala

Quote from: Zyzyx on July 30, 2010, 04:59:29 PMIt's just confusing when someone makes an alt on a message board. You're a bunch of trolls, and trolls like to troll other trolls sometimes, its understandable. But when you make a forum alt and you're not trolling it's just confusing.

Aw, this makes Baby Enrico cry.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

I'm pretty sure that over-the-top joke alts don't count.

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on July 30, 2010, 07:18:28 PM
I'm pretty sure that over-the-top joke alts don't count.

But... I'M the alt!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Yeah, and that's why we don't usually give you shit, you Glorious Faggot.