News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

Mexico: FAIL thread

Started by The Johnny, November 11, 2009, 08:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

http://translate.google.com.mx/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eluniversal.com.mx%2Fnotas%2F639189.html&sl=es&tl=en&hl=es&ie=UTF-8

Because the President did a decree to dissolve LyFC (Electricity and power of the mid country) in this most important city of Mexico, we have the one and only inter-state highway blockaded, there have been shootouts between police and protesters, some other place protesters ran over some policemen, my school was shut down, and so was the UNAM (national autonomous university of mexico).

Besides the chaos of today, has some promise of extending itself longer.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Johnny

This got dissolved:

http://translate.google.com.mx/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fes.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FLYFC&sl=es&tl=en&hl=es&ie=UTF-8

LyFC was a state-run electric company which got dissolved and assimilated by CFE (Federal Electric Commission).

There seems to be valid reasons for it not existing anymore, but my point is that all over the country theres manifestations and stuff, there were about a million people at least protesting just here in the capitol.

The telephone sindicate is going along with them too, and im not sure who else.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cain

Isnt this pretty much the natural state of play in Mexico, though?  I'm thinking the drug wars, Oaxaca, Chiapas etc?  I'm sure there are parts of the country that are very relaxed and peaceful, but all I ever seem to read about is either cartels or some sort of grass-roots protestors creating no-go areas, and the Mexican state trying (with varying degrees of success) to get them back.

The Johnny

The followup seems to be getting rid of federal support for "food crops". You know, those that arent mad profitable but are for eating?

Well yes, it is the typical crap but this one is a bit more significant than the usual. And i try to not get into the "oh this is normal business" mentality, even do i know theres not much to be done.

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

It's the "usual": "in this times of crisis we should move farther away from protectionist policies" and "we're gonna cut down on spending/close institutions that don't make us roll around any more currency than we already have"

-B.F. Skinner

East Coast Hustle

That's one thing I've always admired about Mexico.

They are shameless about being all about the bottom line.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

Quote from: JohNyx on November 15, 2009, 01:56:41 AMWell yes, it is the typical crap but this one is a bit more significant than the usual. And i try to not get into the "oh this is normal business" mentality, even do i know theres not much to be done.

TITCM.

once you start thinking the pres disconnecting the power is normal, something goes wrong, and you might stop getting real angry about it.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Johnny

LOL omg, the metro fare is going up 200-250%...

the electricians are gonna strike again and shut down the city...

the 10,000,000 population delegation (Iztapalapa) is falling apart and they want to destitute the governor, but he refuses...

electricity, water and gas is going up 150%...

The beat goes on on on

-B.F. Skinner

East Coast Hustle

Looks like the American Dream is trying to share itself with our southern neighbors.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: JohNyx on December 02, 2009, 12:17:31 AM

LOL omg, the metro fare is going up 200-250%...

the electricians are gonna strike again and shut down the city...

the 10,000,000 population delegation (Iztapalapa) is falling apart and they want to destitute the governor, but he refuses...

electricity, water and gas is going up 150%...

The beat goes on on on

Welcome to the future, Tomorrow Person.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

indigoblade

why are you guys so worried...the seeds of new romes fall have already been planted...like in the fifties.
as was said by some guy, this too shall pass...just like a kidney stone.
What?

The Johnny

Quote from: indigoblade on December 03, 2009, 04:56:27 AM
why are you guys so worried...the seeds of new romes fall have already been planted...like in the fifties.

Oh right, we should be celebrating  :roll:

Fuck you

-B.F. Skinner

Jenne

Quote from: indigoblade on December 03, 2009, 04:56:27 AM

Har.  You don't know Mexico real well, do you?   It's all slippery slope. I don't blame JohNyx for his "Fuck you" at all. He has to live there and put up with that bullshit.