News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

So we carved our pumpkins today and...

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, October 30, 2006, 04:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJRubberducky

Quote from: Cthulhu's Squidling on November 03, 2006, 07:06:27 PMthey also have one called the "southern red" that I swear tastes like welch's.
The Depoe Bay Winery makes a Sweet Red that sounds like it would taste similar to this.  Our favorite cocktail to make with it is the Restoration: 1 oz brandy, 1 oz Chambord, fill with red wine.
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: DJRubberducky on November 03, 2006, 07:56:32 PM

The Depoe Bay Winery makes a Sweet Red that sounds like it would taste similar to this.  Our favorite cocktail to make with it is the Restoration: 1 oz brandy, 1 oz Chambord, fill with red wine.

oh that would be one hell of a hangover
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Sir Squid Diddimus

I don't really know what year it was that we were tasting. It was free. Couldn't complain too much. I did however find a really good red wine under $7 that actually got high ratings in the snooty wine thing. (I'm so with it) It's called Casa Alonso, comes from Spain and doesn't have that bite that slaps you in the nose when you swallow it.

East Coast Hustle

who would have ever thought that the Spaniards would figure out how to make decent wine with virtually no antifreeze in it?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Heh, does anyone remember my pumpkins from last year?

MGD,
is a whore.

Cain

Jenne

Quote from: LMNO on November 03, 2006, 07:07:37 PM
A year old?

Yikes.

LMNO
-a'skeered of any one-year wine, save for boujelais neuvau.

FACT:  About (as in roughly) 85% of wines are ready to drink as bottled.

ALSO:  Whites are quite quaffable at only a year old...most shouldn't BE much more than 2 or 3 years at the most...elsewize they are only good for the sauce in your cooking.

Jasper

Troof, y'know.  A wine's optimum age is determined upon conception, and most wines are best after only a couple of years.

LMNO

Quote from: Jenne on November 06, 2006, 05:34:29 AM
A year old?

Yikes.

LMNO

ALSO:  Whites are quite quaffable at only a year old...most shouldn't BE much more than 2 or 3 years at the most...elsewize they are only good for the sauce in your cooking.

FACT: I was referring to when the wine was casked, not bottled.

Every wine i've tried that was moved from cask to bottle in under a year has tasted acidic, with turpentine notes, and a raw fruit finish.

Jasper

*Cringes because he knows he's going to say it*

Then stop.

*Runs*

LMNO

Jasper

PD reference?  Eris in the radio?

Meh, I had the impression quoting the Book was sort of unstylish, which is why I did.

LMNO

Ah.

Yes, I caught the reference.

I for one don't mind PD references, as long as it's applicable.

PS - oh, and yeah, I have stopped.

Jenne

Quote from: LMNO on November 06, 2006, 02:55:22 PM
Quote from: Jenne on November 06, 2006, 05:34:29 AM
A year old?

Yikes.

LMNO

FACT: I was referring to when the wine was casked, not bottled.

Every wine i've tried that was moved from cask to bottle in under a year has tasted acidic, with turpentine notes, and a raw fruit finish.

FACT:  Most don't know the difference, but I guess I should have ASSUMED you did.  ;)

Naw, there are some pretty good Spanish wines that are not well-seasoned but still drinkable at a youngish age.  I sure as shit don't dig the lighter whites after 2-3 years.  Talk about stale and linear.  Blech.

LMNO

You talking Crianzas?

Damn, I forgot about them.