News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 19, 2015, 03:44:10 AM
Acted out at dinner with Lillie and the brass from Germany.

If this doesn't get me fired, nothing will.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm in the Singapore airport, and my feet hurt.

I will be here until 8:50 am. I think it's currently somewhere around three.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Have they still got the good air conditioning there?

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Faust on March 18, 2015, 03:59:15 PM
Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on March 18, 2015, 03:36:18 PM
I think my total time logged into Dark Souls 1 exceeds 400 hours.
Wow, onto your third or so new game +?
I packed it in at 70 hours on Ng+ after kicking Lutrec of the cliff, it felt like  good place to step off.

I have one NG++ character, a few NG+, and a scattering of others. My longest base-level run (equipment upgrades only, no leveling up) lasted until Ornstein & Smough, where I gave up and leveled up.

Not saying I'm a huge goddamn nerd or anything but, uh...

LMNO

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 19, 2015, 05:52:38 PM

You made it!

Doktor Howl

Wow.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Prince-of-Plots on March 18, 2015, 11:36:01 AM
I need to play the original Dark Souls, but modding it for PC seems like an awful lot of effort.

I never bothered to mod Dark Souls, which is odd considering how heavily I modded Skyrim. DS runs fairly ok, and looks fairly good on my PC.

Cain

Quote from: Don Coyote on March 19, 2015, 07:15:01 PM
I need to play the original Dark Souls, but modding it for PC seems like an awful lot of effort.

I never bothered to mod Dark Souls, which is odd considering how heavily I modded Skyrim. DS runs fairly ok, and looks fairly good on my PC.

I was under the impression it was all keyboard based without some modding.  I mean, I don't care for the looks so much (though 60 FPS with 2k textures is very nice), but the actual gameplay controls and basic display were a real pain on the PC port?

Don Coyote

Quote from: Prince-of-Plots on March 19, 2015, 07:27:44 PM
Quote from: Don Coyote on March 19, 2015, 07:15:01 PM

I was under the impression it was all keyboard based without some modding.  I mean, I don't care for the looks so much (though 60 FPS with 2k textures is very nice), but the actual gameplay controls and basic display were a real pain on the PC port?

A 360 controller works with it in the PC port. I had some trouble adjusting to it, and its controls aren't perfect, but my casual-self clocked in 327 hours on DS using a controller.

Cain

I threw my controller away when I moved to Switzerland :(

Don Coyote

Cain

None of the games at the time that I had needed it, and it was just taking up space in a box.  Space which ended up being used by a scotch bottle.

The Wizard Joseph

Great adventure is mostly waiting on travel. I've never been on an airborne plane or even out of the country in my adult memory. One day! Best to you Nigel.  :)
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Ben Shapiro