News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Chuck Hagel covers himself in glory.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 15, 2013, 09:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/15/20038691-critics-underwhelmed-with-pentagon-plan-to-stem-military-sex-assaults?lite

QuoteDefense Secretary Chuck Hagel unleashed an array of new regulations Thursday aimed at stemming sexual assaults in the ranks but the directives will not remove rape-case investigations from the chain of command — a move passionately and frequently urged by some U.S. senators and victims advocates.

The fresh initiatives — delivered amid what some inside and outside the military describe as a sexual-assault epidemic — are designed to bolster the accountability of commanders to stop sex assaults while boosting victim advocacy and safety, Hagel said in a memo accompanying his directive.

The Defense Department will create legal advocacy programs in each branch to give sexual-assault victims legal representation throughout the judicial process of their cases. Other changes include ensuring that pretrial investigative hearings of assault-related charges are conducted by judge advocate general officers, and giving commanders the option to reassign or transfer a unit member accused of a sex crime to eliminate continued contact with the alleged victim.

(Emphasis mine)

You know, Chuck, why did you even bother to open your big fat face?

NOTHING HAS CHANGED.  A company commander, even, can squelch a rape investigation.  Sort of like they've been consistently doing forever, especially since 2003.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 15, 2013, 09:51:08 PM
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/15/20038691-critics-underwhelmed-with-pentagon-plan-to-stem-military-sex-assaults?lite

QuoteDefense Secretary Chuck Hagel unleashed an array of new regulations Thursday aimed at stemming sexual assaults in the ranks but the directives will not remove rape-case investigations from the chain of command — a move passionately and frequently urged by some U.S. senators and victims advocates.

The fresh initiatives — delivered amid what some inside and outside the military describe as a sexual-assault epidemic — are designed to bolster the accountability of commanders to stop sex assaults while boosting victim advocacy and safety, Hagel said in a memo accompanying his directive.

The Defense Department will create legal advocacy programs in each branch to give sexual-assault victims legal representation throughout the judicial process of their cases. Other changes include ensuring that pretrial investigative hearings of assault-related charges are conducted by judge advocate general officers, and giving commanders the option to reassign or transfer a unit member accused of a sex crime to eliminate continued contact with the alleged victim.

(Emphasis mine)

You know, Chuck, why did you even bother to open your big fat face?

NOTHING HAS CHANGED.  A company commander, even, can squelch a rape investigation.  Sort of like they've been consistently doing forever, especially since 2003.

Isn't this the same shit that the Catholic Church has been doing with it's pedophile problem since, like, the entire 20th Century?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Except that the military is going, yeah, shuffle shuffle. Hahaha, right out in the open?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Aloha Ackbar on August 16, 2013, 02:22:38 AM
Except that the military is going, yeah, shuffle shuffle. Hahaha, right out in the open?

It's this rebranding thing.

Rant forthcoming.  Probably tomorrow afternoon.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 16, 2013, 03:39:30 AM
Quote from: Aloha Ackbar on August 16, 2013, 02:22:38 AM

It's this rebranding thing.

Rant forthcoming.  Probably tomorrow afternoon.

I look forward to it.