TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

Uk home office tells Pamela Gellar to fuck off

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, August 27, 2013, 11:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarod

Quote from: Pixie on August 27, 2013, 11:07:50 PM
Quote from: tarod on August 27, 2013, 10:47:01 PM
Explain for people who are clueless about europe's politics? :?

read some fucking guardian and independent articles.

Read about the EDL and Anders Brevik. Pamela Gellar is some fucking racist Randite. 

there is a letter from the home office IN that link which will provide you with further points as to why she's been banned from the UK and as an antifascist ,myself, I was just trying to get my schadenfreude on. 

I am not here to teach you ALL THE THINGS. you have google.
Quote from: Junkenstein on August 27, 2013, 11:00:30 PM
Yes Pixie. Please explain everything about Rand, Gellar and European politics for the board.

WE HAVE ENOUGH RIGHT WING WINGNUTS HERE WE DON'T WANT AMERICA'S AS WELL.

"Pamela Gellar is some fucking racist Randite." was mostly the short version I was looking for.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Pixie on August 28, 2013, 12:21:07 AM
Quote from: Junkenstein on August 28, 2013, 12:11:19 AM
I'll have a fiver on November 5th, then. A month for the new crowd to get indignant more of their mates aren't with them coupled with more punch and judy presentations about evidence and I reckon that I'm about right give or take a week.

I would put it a bit later.. these kids will be desperately trying to do freshers week and meet new people, learn how to live away from their parents and deal with hangovers from the freshers pub crawl. Then they'll realise that their mates who were smart enough but too poor are either unemployed or working some shitty zero hours contract service job.

it also depends on how the politically motivated societies at Uni's are working whatever angle they do.

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 28, 2013, 07:17:59 PM
Protests are apparently going to be held in the UK on the 31st.

I'm wavering on whether to attend. I'm pretty sure this is still bullshit to grab votes and show them listening to the people by not taking action.... which is what the strategic goal seems to be.

That said, I've been reconsidering my stance on protests and going would probably be useful in that regard.

Anyone else in the UK/elsewhere hearing similar things?

Hey, Pixie, about that.....
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 28, 2013, 08:09:26 PM
Quote from: Pixie on August 28, 2013, 12:21:07 AM
Quote from: Junkenstein on August 28, 2013, 12:11:19 AM
I'll have a fiver on November 5th, then. A month for the new crowd to get indignant more of their mates aren't with them coupled with more punch and judy presentations about evidence and I reckon that I'm about right give or take a week.

I would put it a bit later.. these kids will be desperately trying to do freshers week and meet new people, learn how to live away from their parents and deal with hangovers from the freshers pub crawl. Then they'll realise that their mates who were smart enough but too poor are either unemployed or working some shitty zero hours contract service job.

it also depends on how the politically motivated societies at Uni's are working whatever angle they do.

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 28, 2013, 07:17:59 PM
Protests are apparently going to be held in the UK on the 31st.

I'm wavering on whether to attend. I'm pretty sure this is still bullshit to grab votes and show them listening to the people by not taking action.... which is what the strategic goal seems to be.

That said, I've been reconsidering my stance on protests and going would probably be useful in that regard.

Anyone else in the UK/elsewhere hearing similar things?

Hey, Pixie, about that.....

Shit... 31st August? Like next weekend? We have a feminist social event targeted at young families on the 31st aug and I've been angling for cheap, kid friendly events for women and families on low incomes since we founded the collective.

In other news I need to check Redwatch (the far right website that posts pics and locations of left wing and anti-racist activists) to see if my mugshot is on there as a far right group posted pics of me ALL OVER their FB page, so I need to get a new email account, set up an alt on FB because I'm not having my family or friends targeted too.

I've decided that the first name will be Jude, after the patron saint of lost causes, and it's gender neutral..

tarod

Quote from: Pixie on August 28, 2013, 11:43:53 PM

Shit... 31st August? Like next weekend? We have a feminist social event targeted at young families on the 31st aug and I've been angling for cheap, kid friendly events for women and families on low incomes since we founded the collective.

In other news I need to check Redwatch (the far right website that posts pics and locations of left wing and anti-racist activists) to see if my mugshot is on there as a far right group posted pics of me ALL OVER their FB page, so I need to get a new email account, set up an alt on FB because I'm not having my family or friends targeted too.

I've decided that the first name will be Jude, after the patron saint of lost causes, and it's gender neutral..

Damn. just looking at that redwatch site for 5 seconds gave me the willies. Good luck over there.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Just gotta comment here that my response to not knowing was to care a little bit less than Tarod and not even bother asking, let alone trying to converse about it.

If you're going to be a dick to someone for taking an interest and trying to participate in the conversation, you might consider just going and fucking yourself instead. I mean, FFS at least provide a link or a quoted article, or why bother posting about it in the first place? "Oh, you don't know? Well I can't be fucked to help you find out, you lazy chump" isn't exactly a great conversation-starter, nor is it going to encourage anyone to give two fucks about whatever your political issue is.

At least Tarod gave enough of a fuck to ask and try to further the conversation, which was one more fuck than I gave.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: tarod on August 29, 2013, 12:19:52 AM
Quote from: Pixie on August 28, 2013, 11:43:53 PM

Damn. just looking at that redwatch site for 5 seconds gave me the willies. Good luck over there.

My alt is up and running now, so the antifa stuff will be second browser, no commenting on non-antifa pages as the real Pixie

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Surprise Happy Endings Whether You Want Them Or Not on August 29, 2013, 12:48:33 AM
Just gotta comment here that my response to not knowing was to care a little bit less than Tarod and not even bother asking, let alone trying to converse about it.

If you're going to be a dick to someone for taking an interest and trying to participate in the conversation, you might consider just going and fucking yourself instead. I mean, FFS at least provide a link or a quoted article, or why bother posting about it in the first place? "Oh, you don't know? Well I can't be fucked to help you find out, you lazy chump" isn't exactly a great conversation-starter, nor is it going to encourage anyone to give two fucks about whatever your political issue is.

At least Tarod gave enough of a fuck to ask and try to further the conversation, which was one more fuck than I gave.

Fair point. Sorry.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Surprise Happy Endings Whether You Want Them Or Not on August 29, 2013, 12:48:33 AM

To be fair, I think I owe an apology here too. Defaulted to snark instead of conveying information. It wasn't particularly deserved in this case and on a re-read seems a little harsh. It did however, actually start a conversation so there are benefits to Discordia not being nice.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 29, 2013, 06:54:46 PM

To be fair, I think I owe an apology here too. Defaulted to snark instead of conveying information. It wasn't particularly deserved in this case and on a re-read seems a little harsh. It did however, actually start a conversation so there are benefits to Discordia not being nice.

It added nothing to the conversation, everyone just ignored it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Not that I'm a proponent of being nice, it's just that if you're going to be a dick, be right.

Or at least funny.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. Carry on.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Surprise Happy Endings Whether You Want Them Or Not on August 29, 2013, 07:01:54 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on August 29, 2013, 06:54:46 PM

It added nothing to the conversation, everyone just ignored it.

Really? Are we reading the same thread?

I'll say it's not my funniest ever comment, but this is a rare occasion where I find myself disagreeing.

The Good Reverend Roger

It was amusing, but it was sort of hampered by the contempt being displayed for Tarod by everyone involved.

Asking for information should result in information or maybe a link, not contempt.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

I'm more confused by the "everyone ignored it" given that pixie and you both responded indirectly and the conversation seemed to go from there.

ETA-
QuoteIt was amusing, but it was sort of hampered by the contempt being displayed for Tarod by everyone involved.
That pretty much covers what I was trying to apologise for.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 29, 2013, 07:08:15 PM
I'm more confused by the "everyone ignored it" given that pixie and you both responded indirectly and the conversation seemed to go from there.

ETA-
QuoteIt was amusing, but it was sort of hampered by the contempt being displayed for Tarod by everyone involved.
That pretty much covers what I was trying to apologise for.

Pixie responded to Tarod, I responded to Pixie after the conversation had already taken place.

Not saying that nobody noticed your post, just saying that taking credit for it advancing the conversation seems more than a little ridiculous.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I mean, I saw it and my initial response was to just click out of the thread, which is what I did.