News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Four people killed at US Navy Yard in Washington DC

Started by EK WAFFLR, September 16, 2013, 03:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Junkenstein

So, taking bets on the perpetrator/s.

Book is open for speculation on Age, skin colour, Religious affiliation and all of the usual talking points.

Why not speculate now and see how accurate you are at predicting the sources of random death in the US.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Interesting.  It's probably one of their own, work place shootings usually are.

However, if it wasn't, this is a military target.  Interesting to see how it spins.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I'll put odds on someone in the press making a comment about Syria in the next twelve hours.

Cain

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on September 16, 2013, 05:18:36 PM
BBC News:

QuoteABC News reports a gunman, identified as a 50-year-old Navy employee whose employment status had "recently changed", has died at the scene

So that would be a change from "Employed" to "Not" then. Austerity strikes again?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 16, 2013, 05:42:48 PM
BBC News:

QuoteABC News reports a gunman, identified as a 50-year-old Navy employee whose employment status had "recently changed", has died at the scene

So that would be a change from "Employed" to "Not" then. Austerity strikes again?

Yep.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

BBC News:

This was where I had my bets.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Junkenstein

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on September 16, 2013, 06:29:55 PM
BBC News:

You win a prize!

Going for double or nothing on skin colour?

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 16, 2013, 07:00:30 PM
BBC News:

You win a prize!

No, because it's impossible to guess, and it's utterly irrelevant.

Balls.  White guy in his 50s.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on September 16, 2013, 07:06:42 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on September 16, 2013, 07:00:30 PM
BBC News:

You win a prize!

No, because it's impossible to guess, and it's utterly irrelevant.

Balls.  White guy in his 50s.

Is that speculation or statement? I'm sure there are some that will endeavour to make it relevant if he's part of a particular demographic.

I only asked skin colour as it's usually white males who seem more prone to this kind of behaviour. All the workplace shootings I can recall offhand are anyway. I'm sure that's not always the case, it just seems to be a consistent marker.

Also, will be interesting to see the spin on this over the next few days. Terrorism, Domestic Terrorism or an unfortunate incident best quickly forgotten about, decision to be made for you at 11.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 16, 2013, 07:12:55 PM
Is that speculation or statement? I'm sure there are some that will endeavour to make it relevant if he's part of a particular demographic.

Speculation based on postal service employee rampages.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Phantom guys:

Quote"The big concern for us right now is that we potentially have two other shooters that we have not located," she said.

She described one as a white male in a tan short-sleeve military-style outfit and beret hat. He was last seen about 08:35 local time carrying a handgun.

A black male approximately 50 years of age and wearing olive kit was seen carrying a long gun and is also being sought.

Phantom Black Guy With A Gun shows up at a LOT of shootings.  :x
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division