News:

PD.com - you don't even believe in nihilism anymore

Main Menu

I can't believe this is happening.

Started by Doktor Howl, February 27, 2015, 02:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

My boss (Jim) quit today.  Well, retired without notice, but you know what I mean.

Lilly is at least temporarily in charge - which is a bad thing - but despite the fact that she is an intelligent woman, she is happy about this.  This facility is just beginning to shit the bed in a major way, and she thinks she just got promoted.  What's really happened is that a noose has dropped from on high, to land around her neck.

After all, with all these projects being fucked up - which Mike did, and Jim unable or unwilling to stop him - someone with the words "plant manager" on his/her forehead is going to have to pay.  And Jim just skipped out on the bar tab.
Molon Lube

LMNO

I can only see beautiful things in the future for you.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 27, 2015, 02:30:26 PM
I can only see beautiful things in the future for you.

Dude, I don't expect to be working here in 12 weeks.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 27, 2015, 02:18:15 PM
My boss (Jim) quit today.  Well, retired without notice, but you know what I mean.

Lilly is at least temporarily in charge - which is a bad thing - but despite the fact that she is an intelligent woman, she is happy about this.  This facility is just beginning to shit the bed in a major way, and she thinks she just got promoted.  What's really happened is that a noose has dropped from on high, to land around her neck.

After all, with all these projects being fucked up - which Mike did, and Jim unable or unwilling to stop him - someone with the words "plant manager" on his/her forehead is going to have to pay.  And Jim just skipped out on the bar tab.

Whoa.

Dude.

This is ominous.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 27, 2015, 02:32:39 PM

Whoa.

Dude.

This is ominous.

Oh, yeah.  I'm toast, unless I want to work for the Science Gestapo full time, which I am not willing to do for family reasons (I'd be in Germany and both my and Jenn's parents are elderly and ailing). 

I do not expect to last until the next fiscal year (June), at least partially because Lilly thinks she knows enough to fill my shoes as well (HAR!).

I am strangely okay with this.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Lilly has just announced that my guys are not capable of performing a simple pressure survey, and is sending Mike along with them instead of me.  Bear in mind that Mike tried to do this yesterday, and gave a result of a differential pressure between a 95 PSI line and an unknown level of vacuum.

I cannot decide whether to quit or become really stupid and join this shit to death.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Normally, I'd say that having an assumed termination date would be an invitation to troll everyone who deserves it; but you seem to be doing this already, so...

Keep it up?

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Wizard Joseph

At least you smell the breeze and know what's coming. This Mike sounds like a dangerous mean spirited idiot from some few other posts I've read. I'd find other things and get out before he intentionally or incidentally sets you up. Sorry to hear shit' s all sideways man.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 27, 2015, 02:35:51 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 27, 2015, 02:32:39 PM

Whoa.

Dude.

This is ominous.

Oh, yeah.  I'm toast, unless I want to work for the Science Gestapo full time, which I am not willing to do for family reasons (I'd be in Germany and both my and Jenn's parents are elderly and ailing). 

I do not expect to last until the next fiscal year (June), at least partially because Lilly thinks she knows enough to fill my shoes as well (HAR!).

I am strangely okay with this.

What are you going to do?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Doktor Howl

More hilarity.  Jim was boinking Lilly.  Jim's wife found out, and called their old friend Mike T, who just happens to be president of NA operations.

Jim got retired.  Lilly is still here. 

All the projects that are failing are gathering up, and are about due to be hung around the plant manager's neck.  And the plant manager is now...Lilly.

Mike T has a vicious sense of vengeance.

(I have to say that I am absolutely stunned that Jim, the quintessential good boy, was cheating.  Especially given that his wife is prettier than Lilly, smarter than Lilly, and - unlike Lilly - has emotions beyond those possessed by reptiles.)

Needless to say, I am willing to help this train wreck along.  Oh, yes.  Jim is the best boss I ever had, regardless of his personal failings, and I will have revenge.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Oh, and I just got an email from Lilly informing me that she has cancelled all the training my guys were supposed to get on the new robotics.

Because - I shit you not - none of us are smart enough to understand it.

:lulz:
Molon Lube

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Q. G. Pennyworth

What in the holy hell is happening down there?

LMNO

Please tell me she wrote that down in a "demostrable evidence for HR" sort of way.