News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Pie or Cake?

Started by theCalmpsychopath, April 02, 2007, 09:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

which is better Pie or Cake

Pie
Cake

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 02, 2010, 05:21:46 PM
Quote from: Frenulum Pendulum on January 02, 2010, 05:11:08 PM
objectively, that's hardly a point in cake's favor.

anyway, pie's ability to deliciously incorporate meat really makes this debate moot.

ECH,
will reconsider as soon as someone bakes him a delicious bacon cake.

Well, isn't paté basically a meat cake? And when I made it, it also contained a lot of bacon [and port and juniper berrie and garlic]

I hope to fuck that people are not putting flour in pate, so NO, it is NOT CAKE. more like a crustless meat pie.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Frenulum Pendulum on January 02, 2010, 09:13:02 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on January 02, 2010, 05:21:46 PM
Quote from: Frenulum Pendulum on January 02, 2010, 05:11:08 PM
objectively, that's hardly a point in cake's favor.

anyway, pie's ability to deliciously incorporate meat really makes this debate moot.

ECH,
will reconsider as soon as someone bakes him a delicious bacon cake.

Well, isn't paté basically a meat cake? And when I made it, it also contained a lot of bacon [and port and juniper berrie and garlic]

I hope to fuck that people are not putting flour in pate, so NO, it is NOT CAKE. more like a crustless meat pie.

Pate is really its own thing entirely; I can't think of a thing like it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

AFK

After this weekend, I have to tilt towards cake.  My Mom made a pretty tasty cake for the baby shower we had on Saturday.  Had some weird, buy yummy, coconutty icing. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

Goddamn you motherfuckers.  Now I have to buy both.  Because you talked about them.  To DEATH.

Fuck.

phi

I see your...
Quote from: Yatto on January 03, 2010, 02:41:21 AM

And I raise you...

It's a cake iphone, get it? HA! CAKE iphone!
Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on January 24, 2010, 03:44:12 AM
Only 41 more posts til Clue Jr!
Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on January 24, 2010, 05:43:57 AM
You're some kind of off-balancing piece of shit that just tears a hole in the whole god damned spectrum of life and creates a friggin mess out of everything.

Jasper

I don't get it, actually.

:|

phi

Quote from: Felix on January 18, 2010, 09:59:20 PM

"cake" originally comes from the Old Norse word "kaka". Using Norse Gematria, kaka becomes þrír tigir (einn + fjórtán + einn + fjórtán), represented in the Indo-Arabic numbering system as 30. Now, if you translate "iphone" into Greek you get ιφονε, and since ι=10, φ=500, ο=70, ν=50, and ε=5 you arrive at 23 after the same summing technique applied before.  Thinking about this from the perspective of a Rabbi and applying Midrash, you will see that both words represent the other's character. I will demonstrate. 23 is also the value of בזבזה (to spend, waste, squander; what you do with your money when you buy an iphone) and most tellingly ג'יהאד (we know it as "jihad." This alludes to the forwarding of AT&T's agenda). 30, on the other hand, is shared with בוזבזו (be spent, wasted, squandered; your ingredients when you make cake) and יך (to strike, smite, hit, beat, slay, kill... well, if you're a diabetic). Thus each word forms a perfect bond with the other.  My conclusion is that an iphone is functionally equivalent to a cake... at least symbolically. Don't actually try to eat the cake.

And to all those who voted for cake: "haha, you eat kaka!"
You're some kind of off-balancing piece of shit that just tears a hole in the whole god damned spectrum of life and creates a friggin mess out of everything.

Jasper

Oh. :lol:

I think this is the first time anyone has ever explained a joke and made me laugh, ever.

phi

Quote from: Felix on January 18, 2010, 11:24:25 PM
Oh. :lol:

I think this is the first time anyone has ever explained a joke and made me laugh, ever.
Oh, I made that up on the spot. The joke was me mocking The Apple pie pun.

Triple Zero

Quote from: phi on January 18, 2010, 11:20:16 PM

"cake" originally comes from the Old Norse word "kaka". Using Norse Gematria, kaka becomes þrír tigir (einn + fjórtán + einn + fjórtán), represented in the Indo-Arabic numbering system as 30. Now, if you translate "iphone" into Greek you get ιφονε, and since ι=10, φ=500, ο=70, ν=50, and ε=5 you arrive at 23 after the same summing technique applied before.  Thinking about this from the perspective of a Rabbi and applying Midrash, you will see that both words represent the other's character. I will demonstrate. 23 is also the value of בזבזה (to spend, waste, squander; what you do with your money when you buy an iphone) and most tellingly ג'יהאד (we know it as "jihad." This alludes to the forwarding of AT&T's agenda). 30, on the other hand, is shared with בוזבזו (be spent, wasted, squandered; your ingredients when you make cake) and יך (to strike, smite, hit, beat, slay, kill... well, if you're a diabetic). Thus each word forms a perfect bond with the other.  My conclusion is that an iphone is functionally equivalent to a cake... at least symbolically. Don't actually try to eat the cake.

ATTN ALL SSOOKN PERSONELL AND PARIAE: WE HAVE A LIVE ONE.

I REPEAT. AN LIVE ONE.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

phi

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 19, 2010, 03:18:42 PM
Quote from: phi on January 18, 2010, 11:20:16 PM

ATTN ALL SSOOKN PERSONELL AND PARIAE: WE HAVE A LIVE ONE.

I REPEAT. AN LIVE ONE.

Huh?

LMNO

Your comments have attracted the attention of the Semi-Secret Order of Kabbalistic Navigators.

You shall be contacted by one of our representatives shortly.

phi

Quote from: LMNO on January 20, 2010, 05:33:11 PM
Your comments have attracted the attention of the Semi-Secret Order of Kabbalistic Navigators.

You shall be contacted by one of our representatives shortly.
I'll consider that a vote for pie?