News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

REVEAL YOURSELVES

Started by Dr. Cow Ass, September 22, 2012, 08:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Internet Jesus

:lulz: That is awesome.  And horrible.  But mostly awesome.
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 22, 2012, 07:34:15 PM
Dickgirls.

A former admin of ours, Hugh, apparently ended up getting married to one, unaware of her past life (until a kind forum member sent him pictures of her working in her former career).  This led to a mental breakdown and a short stay in a mental facility.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Internet Jesus on September 22, 2012, 07:35:39 PM

Now he just sits on a blog nobody reads, spewing out page after page of Paganism.   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

BUDDHISM AND WICCA ARE SUPER SPECIAL AND I AM LIKE AN OCCULT SUBCOMMANTE MARCOS, ONLY BETTER BECAUSE I AM IRONICALLY SELF-AWARE OF MY WESTERN HIPSTERDOM. 

Internet Jesus

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 22, 2012, 07:44:51 PM

Now he just sits on a blog nobody reads, spewing out page after page of Paganism.   :lulz:

Wait.  What?  Is this like some sort of formal paganism or the shit you find on the interwebs that's just totally made up and garnished with a few references to "white magik" and "The Goddess"?

Cain

It's Buddhism and Wicca and Discordianism and Chaos Magic(k).  Oh, and cafe Druidism.

Internet Jesus

Quote from: Cain on September 22, 2012, 07:50:06 PM
BUDDHISM AND WICCA ARE SUPER SPECIAL AND I AM LIKE AN OCCULT SUBCOMMANTE MARCOS, ONLY BETTER BECAUSE I AM IRONICALLY SELF-AWARE OF MY WESTERN HIPSTERDOM.

The future of space travel is not out in space, ironically, it is to be found in our own asses.  Because I've seen far to many folks travel to alternate realities just by disappearing up their own assholes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Internet Jesus on September 22, 2012, 08:00:08 PM

Wait.  What?  Is this like some sort of formal paganism or the shit you find on the interwebs that's just totally made up and garnished with a few references to "white magik" and "The Goddess"?

Oh, it gets WAY funnier than THAT, IJ.

Internet Jesus

Quote from: Cain on September 22, 2012, 08:01:36 PM
It's Buddhism and Wicca and Discordianism and Chaos Magic(k).  Oh, and cafe Druidism.

Ok, and that leads to a semi-serious question I have about this board - do you all seriously believe Discordianism as for real and for true, or is it just a useful mental frame for viewing life?  Not trying to stick my dick in anyone's mashed potatoes here, but I can't quite get a grasp on whether this whole thing is to be taken seriously or if it is to be thought about as a sort of Koan?

Internet Jesus

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 22, 2012, 08:02:57 PM
Quote from: Internet Jesus on September 22, 2012, 08:00:08 PM

Oh, it gets WAY funnier than THAT, IJ.

Links or it didn't happen!  Okay, I just need to go read this individual.  Someone hook a brother up.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Internet Jesus on September 22, 2012, 08:06:10 PM

Ok, and that leads to a semi-serious question I have about this board - do you all seriously believe Discordianism as for real and for true, or is it just a useful mental frame for viewing life?  Not trying to stick my dick in anyone's mashed potatoes here, but I can't quite get a grasp on whether this whole thing is to be taken seriously or if it is to be thought about as a sort of Koan?

Both, and/or neither, and/or pie, and/or fnord.

Internet Jesus

Quote from: Guru Qu1x073 on September 22, 2012, 08:49:04 PM

Ohhhhhh. 

And the hot dog was enlightened.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Internet Jesus on September 22, 2012, 08:54:28 PM
Quote from: Guru Qu1x073 on September 22, 2012, 08:49:04 PM

Ohhhhhh. 

And the hot dog was enlightened.

More or less. And like the hotdog it has a strong chance of being filled with things you wouldn't normally put in your body.

Internet Jesus

I get it, it's like those questions the Buddha refused to answer because they "tend not to edification". The message is not in whether or not it's particulars are true, the message is the fucking message.

I think.

Cain

No, it's because most Discordians are dicks, and people are trained to treat obsfucation as being deep and meaningful.

I would say a good 90% of people here don't believe in a literal Eris.  Some have metaphysical beliefs which would include things like magic, but they are in a significant minority.  Mostly it's a series of metaphors and mindsets with which it is useful to look at the world, but, well, depending on how you're defining it, religion can be seen pretty much as that too.  Except more wrong, because they didn't have Advanced Scientific Knowledge like we do now.