News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Unfortunately named authors

Started by Cain, November 19, 2006, 09:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Thurnez Isa

Gay Search <----- I feel sorry for this guy  :-(
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Jenne

The best are the comments the guy made when he constructed the list.

Jasper

Poor guys even had the nerve to go public and write novels.

Jenne

Most of 'em seem to be German...so they're probably said with a different accent or two...

Thurnez Isa

or they just might not know their names are completely rediculas in english
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Jenne

THAT would suck.

And is totally plausible.

Luckily, I have no idea if some Tunisian or d00d in Mogadishu thinks "Jennifer" looks like a word for vagina, penis or fart.  :D  *ignorance = bliss*

Jasper

I dunno, I think I'd vacation more often in a place that took my name to mean a word you can't say in church.

Triple Zero

the one dutch book on the list: "Krap" means "tight" in dutch. a bit strange, but nothing too weird.

the (german, i guess) guy named Fueck, can't possibly have missed the interesting spelling of his name, that word is nearly universal thanks to american TV being exported just about anywhere.

the guy named Jerkov, is probably pronounced like Yeah're-cough.

.. but the other people on that list really have no excuse publishing under that name ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.