News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

Neoreactionaries

Started by Verbal Mike, November 24, 2013, 08:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verbal Mike

Ever wish there was a bunch of douchebags actually worse than libertarians/ancaps? Oh boy have I got something for you  :fap:

"Exactly what sort of monarchy they'd prefer varies. Some want something closer to theocracy, while Yarvin proposes turning nation states into corporations with the king as chief executive officer and the aristocracy as shareholders."

http://techcrunch.com/2013/11/22/geeks-for-monarchy/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Techcrunch+%28TechCrunch%29&utm_content=FaceBook
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Cain

Hah, do we have a treat for you!  We have our own little neoreactionary by the name of Brother Nihil, who has been hanging around the past few months, defending the Greek Golden Dawn neonazis and similar.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Verbal Mike

Oh wow, darn, I should have known I could never out-wierd PDCOM. :-(
Is he at all funny or only horrormirth "funny"?
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

He's pretty horrifyingly unfunny.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Verbal Mike on November 24, 2013, 09:52:19 PM
Oh wow, darn, I should have known I could never out-wierd PDCOM. :-(
Is he at all funny or only horrormirth "funny"?

He's "funny" in that he continually shows up preaching his weird mix of woo and Nazism, and is continually butthurt when we all make fun of him. 

I find him entertaining, in the same manner as I find our engineer entertaining.  Though our engineer doesn't think that lockstep fascism is "true freedom".

Essentially, Brother Nihil is what happens to hipsters when they reach the Ann Coulter Limit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Verbal Mike

:lulz:
I really hope all libertarians and "an"caps will turn to neoreactionism before too long. It'll be way funner that way.

Cain

A good number of them are already there.  Hans Herman Hoppe, for example.

Cain

Bump.  Charles Stross has a bit up on his blog about the neoreactionaries article, which is of interest since he himself used to converse with Mencius Moldbug (one of the more prominent neoreactionaries) back in the day on Usenet, and they occasionally pop up in each other's comment sections.

QuoteIn the right corner of the ring, Neo-reactionaries like Mencius Moldbug (blog here) and Michael Anissimov are effectively libertarians who have thrown up their hands in disgust and concluded that the modern age -- by which they mean everything since the Enlightenment -- is corrupting, degrading, and on a highway to hell, and the appropriate political solution to the problem is to go back to aristocracy as an organizing principle, or even the divine right of kings. (Techcrunch describe them as Geeks for Monarchy. I think they're full of shit (possibly because I live in a monarchy), and so does Scott Alexander, who has written a magisterial Anti-Reactionary FAQ in which he pulls the legs off the fascist reactionary insect, the better to anatomize it.)

He examines this in the context of the Revolutionary Communist Party in the UK, which is interesting in its own right.

Mencius himself references the Techcrunch article in his latest blog entry, which I haven't fully read, mostly because MM is a longwinded bore.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on November 29, 2013, 02:09:35 PM
Bump.  Charles Stross has a bit up on his blog about the neoreactionaries article, which is of interest since he himself used to converse with Mencius Moldbug (one of the more prominent neoreactionaries) back in the day on Usenet, and they occasionally pop up in each other's comment sections.

QuoteIn the right corner of the ring, Neo-reactionaries like Mencius Moldbug (blog here) and Michael Anissimov are effectively libertarians who have thrown up their hands in disgust and concluded that the modern age -- by which they mean everything since the Enlightenment -- is corrupting, degrading, and on a highway to hell, and the appropriate political solution to the problem is to go back to aristocracy as an organizing principle, or even the divine right of kings. (Techcrunch describe them as Geeks for Monarchy. I think they're full of shit (possibly because I live in a monarchy), and so does Scott Alexander, who has written a magisterial Anti-Reactionary FAQ in which he pulls the legs off the fascist reactionary insect, the better to anatomize it.)

He examines this in the context of the Revolutionary Communist Party in the UK, which is interesting in its own right.

Mencius himself references the Techcrunch article in his latest blog entry, which I haven't fully read, mostly because MM is a longwinded bore.

Neoreactionaries seem to make about as much sense as Christian Scientists.

Less, really.

I mean, is their point just to be totally crazy so that people can laugh at them? Because they're succeeding.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I think they've realised their libertarian ideals are not popular in democracy and so, instead of figuring out ways to sell them to the public, or modify them, they've decided instead, libertarianism requires a dictator-CEO and a board of aristocratic directors, to do away with democracy entirely.

Telarus

Quote from: Cain on November 29, 2013, 06:45:35 PM
I think they've realised their libertarian ideals are not popular in democracy and so, instead of figuring out ways to sell them to the public, or modify them, they've decided instead, libertarianism requires a dictator-CEO and a board of aristocratic directors, to do away with democracy entirely.

I agree, with an added dose of "Fuck those people, I got mine."
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz: In order to be truly free, we first must do away with freedom?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on November 29, 2013, 07:08:48 PM

Brother Nihil has said precisely that.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 30, 2013, 07:00:27 AM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on November 29, 2013, 07:08:48 PM

Brother Nihil has said precisely that.

Wow. Stupidity or mental illness? It can be so hard to figure out which.