News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Wizard Joseph Garbage Collection Thread.

Started by The Wizard Joseph, June 29, 2011, 11:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangrove

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 20, 2015, 05:55:10 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 20, 2015, 05:43:36 PM
TWJ, I just realized that you might be the only person on PD to get your own Unlimited thread and still come back to become a regular and well-liked contributor. Kudos!

No regrets, no going back. If I hadn't met real people here that I came to admire first I'd have disappeared. As it stands I'm VERY happy to have found a peer group of decent folks. I kinda want a shirt that says

"PD .com taught me the true meaning of butthurt" or something.

:cheers:

I think this is unprecedented. Good thing you didn't take lessons from this guy:

http://www.akksite.com/troll-kamp#!__troll-kamp/articles
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Payne

Quote from: Mangrove on September 21, 2015, 07:20:47 PM
TWJ, I just realized that you might be the only person on PD to get your own Unlimited thread and still come back to become a regular and well-liked contributor. Kudos!

No regrets, no going back. If I hadn't met real people here that I came to admire first I'd have disappeared. As it stands I'm VERY happy to have found a peer group of decent folks. I kinda want a shirt that says

I think this is unprecedented. Good thing you didn't take lessons from this guy:

We can all take lessons from AKK. I went to him for music lessons, and now I'm rather well paid by the CIA. Thanks Ambassador Klok Kaos!

hooplala

Mang! Hellooooo!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Wizard Joseph

Link is 404 so... yes. I remember seeing this AKK for a bit, heard his "music", scrolled past his walls of words to read the responses. Wasn't interested.

There was a feeling that all the noob fools I was seeing come in somehow NEEDED to be asses. I was one too, but not because I came here to be one. I'd no real prior experience with forums and utterly no idea what to expect but had a good grip on Eris and Discordianism, or so I thought. Jumped in, got trolled hard, learned my first real taste of Internet culture here and have no regrets.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Payne on September 21, 2015, 07:26:08 PM

We can all take lessons from AKK. I went to him for music lessons, and now I'm rather well paid by the CIA. Thanks Ambassador Klok Kaos!

I didn't really understand that, but I'm even now still learning about this place and the folks here. I've seen other sides of "Discordia" now, but PD is the only one I have much respect for that I've seen so far. The "disco" faction particularly riles me because it is likely the first thing folks will see about Discordianism by attrition of a sort, but they suck vast amounts of donkey peen and expect you to join in or somehow consider them enlightened for it.

I have heard that you are the Messiah so... any advice?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

LMNO

MANG!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OH MY GOD IT'S MANG

THIS WEEK IS MAGIC.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Payne on September 21, 2015, 07:26:08 PM

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mangrove

Hi Guys!  :wave:

Just passin' through. Saw that my last post before yesterday was exactly a year ago, so I thought I would celebrate it.

Wizard Joseph - sorry the link didn't work. It means you miss out on AKK's 'troll lessons'. Shame he doesn't have a student testimonial section so we could write back and explain how he was completely terrible at trolling and his time at PD was measured in minutes rather than days. Still, not actually the worst of the 'UNLIMITED thread' offenders IIRC.

Basically, congratulations. I believe you are so far, the only person who climbed out of the 'unlimited' category and made it to regular poster. Think we need to study how that happened and leave a sticky for new members. 'The redemption of Wizard Joseph - how to turn the lemons of butthurt into the lemonade of acceptance'. (working title)

Ahh, the sweet citrus smell of group dynamics.

Mang'

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mangrove on September 22, 2015, 06:54:51 PM
Hi Guys!  :wave:

Just passin' through. Saw that my last post before yesterday was exactly a year ago, so I thought I would celebrate it.

Wizard Joseph - sorry the link didn't work. It means you miss out on AKK's 'troll lessons'. Shame he doesn't have a student testimonial section so we could write back and explain how he was completely terrible at trolling and his time at PD was measured in minutes rather than days. Still, not actually the worst of the 'UNLIMITED thread' offenders IIRC.

Basically, congratulations. I believe you are so far, the only person who climbed out of the 'unlimited' category and made it to regular poster. Think we need to study how that happened and leave a sticky for new members. 'The redemption of Wizard Joseph - how to turn the lemons of butthurt into the lemonade of acceptance'. (working title)

Ahh, the sweet citrus smell of group dynamics.

Mang'

Greetings Mang'!

I'm not certain that I can explain how it is that I came to be where I am, but I can attempt to recall my perspective and personal thoughts some.

I suspect that a fair amount of the initial issues I had were due to lack of contact with "The Internet" in a social sense. For me it was a thing I used to acquire knowledge, not a place I look to for social relations. I literally had never heard and misunderstood the term butthurt for example.

There were very weird, synchronistic IRL things on my end of this reality tunnel we call PD that I don't fully recall, but that lent a sense of the need for caution and I quickly realized that it meant that I should read more than I post, and I did. I still managed to make an ass of myself several more times, but that was now part of a learning process. It was getting the UNLIMITED thread that made me realize that there was a certain social order to things and factors at play that I didn't fully understand.

It was bizarrely synchronistic that Roger chose to mention garbage collection in the thread title as the "Wizard" character in the ongoing fictional cosmos I've long been working on is first taken in by "incorporeal beings" that might be called "garbage spirits" shortly after barely surviving arriving on Earth and discovering that he is effectively marooned and nearly powerless on a profoundly hostile world.

I was provoked to writing some of it down on a thread somewhere around here.

I can tell you that I am a statistical outlier testing at IQ 190 for linguistic comprehension, pattern recognition, and symbol interpretation but otherwise only on the bright side of average for a composite score of 155. I'm not a college graduate. I will be one day.

I have a thread otherwise about myself posted. I'll add to it again pretty soon, I'm a slow writer and am using an Android phone for Internet these days.

If I might ask what was your first experience with PD? I'm also very curious to hear your or any other folks' impressions and will happily answer any questions as I can.

- T.W. Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I kind of wonder what the average IQ of PeeDee is? After we exclude obvious outliers like Shandor, of course.

I have a feeling that it's a couple of standard deviations to the right.

LMNO

To be honest, I'd be more interested in seeing what our collective EQ is.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on September 24, 2015, 06:04:35 PM

Probably higher than you would expect.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 24, 2015, 06:09:09 PM

Very interested in seeing where PD lies on the autism spectrum.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 24, 2015, 10:11:38 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 24, 2015, 06:09:09 PM

Very interested in seeing where PD lies on the autism spectrum.

On the inverse from the EQ scores.