News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Breaking news!! France doens't like burqas

Started by -Kel-, January 07, 2010, 10:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rygD

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 08, 2010, 02:42:59 AM
Quote from: rygD on January 08, 2010, 02:33:50 AM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 08, 2010, 02:26:46 AM
I do understand the security risk to not being able to identify people on private property, particularly banks and other places where surveillance is a legitimate need. But on the street, in public, there is no more excuse for telling people they must keep their face bare at all times than there is for telling people that they must be microchipped and wear a tracking device. Not only that, but unless they also outlaw full beards on men, they are discriminating against women by permitting men to obscure their faces, while women cannot.

No, only fully covered faces would be outlawed.  Beards would be fine.

A heavy beard with full moustache and sideburns covers everything a burqha covers but the nose and forehead. Add a hat and the guy might as well be wearing a burqha, inasmuch that as soon as he shaves the beard he's unrecognizable.

The stuff I sometimes see the ladies wear here covers them completely, and they look through little holes that are too few and small for me to be able to see them...but I rarely see them wearing that.  They are like the "French Flag" one on that site.
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

The Johnny

Quote from: rygD on January 08, 2010, 02:50:05 AM
Quote from: JohNyx on January 08, 2010, 02:42:27 AM
Quote from: rygD on January 08, 2010, 02:32:00 AM
Quote from: JohNyx on January 08, 2010, 02:18:55 AM
Quote from: rygD on January 08, 2010, 01:41:50 AM
Quote from: JohNyx on January 08, 2010, 01:26:21 AM

Still, not allowing them to wear what they want on the street is completely off-the-wall, over-the-top.

What if I decided to take a stroll in front of your house wearing a big bulky jacket covering something up,  with, what is that...WIRES!?  What is this thing in my hand here with the switch on it for...

I am not comparing the wearing of a burqa with suicide bombers, but there are legitimate reasons for not allowing people to wear certain things in certain places, and if you test me, I will always find a way to be over the top in my clothes.

If you arent comparing burqa wearers to suicide bombers, then your example makes no sense.

Your right, muslims should only wear transparent ponchos so they dont blow us up.

My jacket was directed at you.  I can understand restrictions on people wearing certain clothes in certain places.  I don't see how that makes no sense.  Some things are a no-no.  If you saw me in front of your home wearing my previously described jacket, you think I should be left alone?

I still think a woman being told that she is not allowed to wear attire suiting her religious beliefs in public is fucking stupid.  Just outlaw religion and make it easier.

If you were just standing there, whatever. If when i exited my apartment complex you stared at me creepily id keep an eye out for you, while i walk towards wherever im going. You could very well be covered in tar and feathers and i wouldnt mind.

Besides, suicide bombers dont wait, they just strike.

And you dont need a burqa to hide plastic explosives, it more than well fits in said backpack i mentioned.

As I said, I think a burqa is fine.  If I saw some asshole in my neighborhood wearing my jacket I would beat the shit out of him and take my jacket back.  If I saw someone I thought might have a bomb I would get my family out of the area, then inform the police "there was a guy walking around outside with a big bulky jacket covering something, with wires, and a switch in his hand."

:lulz: lol wtf

NO, I WOULD RUN TOWARDS HIM IN FULL SPEED, THROW SOME DUST IN HIS FACE TO BLIND HIM, THEN TACKLE HIM AND STRUGGLE TO GET THE SWITCH OFF HIS HAND, PUNCH HIM UNTIL HES UNCONSCIOUS, THEN STRANGLE THE DIRTY SAND NIGGER WITH THE WIRE - THEN ID GET MEDALS AND GET THE KEY TO THE CITY.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

-Kel-

I do understand the security risk to not being able to identify people on private property, particularly banks and other places where surveillance is a legitimate need. But on the street, in public, there is no more excuse for telling people they must keep their face bare at all times than there is for telling people that they must be microchipped and wear a tracking device. Not only that, but unless they also outlaw full beards on men, they are discriminating against women by permitting men to obscure their faces, while women cannot.

AMEN!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: rygD on January 08, 2010, 02:53:29 AM

A heavy beard with full moustache and sideburns covers everything a burqha covers but the nose and forehead. Add a hat and the guy might as well be wearing a burqha, inasmuch that as soon as he shaves the beard he's unrecognizable.

The stuff I sometimes see the ladies wear here covers them completely, and they look through little holes that are too few and small for me to be able to see them...but I rarely see them wearing that.  They are like the "French Flag" one on that site.

The burqhas that are popular here (you see them a lot on the PSU campus) cover pretty much everything but the eyes. I understand the ones in Middle Eastern countries usually even have some veiling over the eyes (which, holy hell, would have been so awesome at Burning Man during the dust storms) but still, would you recognize this guy

if he removed his hat and shaved?

How would France treat women who went to this:

Would that be acceptable because it leaves the nose uncovered? What if it's really cold? What about skiiers?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

rygD

Quote from: JohNyx on January 08, 2010, 02:56:02 AM
Quote from: rygD on January 08, 2010, 02:50:05 AM
Quote from: JohNyx on January 08, 2010, 02:42:27 AM
Quote from: rygD on January 08, 2010, 02:32:00 AM
Quote from: JohNyx on January 08, 2010, 02:18:55 AM
Quote from: rygD on January 08, 2010, 01:41:50 AM
Quote from: JohNyx on January 08, 2010, 01:26:21 AM

Still, not allowing them to wear what they want on the street is completely off-the-wall, over-the-top.

What if I decided to take a stroll in front of your house wearing a big bulky jacket covering something up,  with, what is that...WIRES!?  What is this thing in my hand here with the switch on it for...

I am not comparing the wearing of a burqa with suicide bombers, but there are legitimate reasons for not allowing people to wear certain things in certain places, and if you test me, I will always find a way to be over the top in my clothes.

If you arent comparing burqa wearers to suicide bombers, then your example makes no sense.

Your right, muslims should only wear transparent ponchos so they dont blow us up.

My jacket was directed at you.  I can understand restrictions on people wearing certain clothes in certain places.  I don't see how that makes no sense.  Some things are a no-no.  If you saw me in front of your home wearing my previously described jacket, you think I should be left alone?

I still think a woman being told that she is not allowed to wear attire suiting her religious beliefs in public is fucking stupid.  Just outlaw religion and make it easier.

If you were just standing there, whatever. If when i exited my apartment complex you stared at me creepily id keep an eye out for you, while i walk towards wherever im going. You could very well be covered in tar and feathers and i wouldnt mind.

Besides, suicide bombers dont wait, they just strike.

And you dont need a burqa to hide plastic explosives, it more than well fits in said backpack i mentioned.

As I said, I think a burqa is fine.  If I saw some asshole in my neighborhood wearing my jacket I would beat the shit out of him and take my jacket back.  If I saw someone I thought might have a bomb I would get my family out of the area, then inform the police "there was a guy walking around outside with a big bulky jacket covering something, with wires, and a switch in his hand."

:lulz: lol wtf

NO, I WOULD RUN TOWARDS HIM IN FULL SPEED, THROW SOME DUST IN HIS FACE TO BLIND HIM, THEN TACKLE HIM AND STRUGGLE TO GET THE SWITCH OFF HIS HAND, PUNCH HIM UNTIL HES UNCONSCIOUS, THEN STRANGLE THE DIRTY SAND NIGGER WITH THE WIRE - THEN ID GET MEDALS AND GET THE KEY TO THE CITY.

:D

rygD

The Johnny

Noses with frost-bite are just a small price to pay for "Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité"

P.S. It's not coincidence it does not say "Sororité" in the national motto.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

rygD

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 08, 2010, 03:06:19 AM
Quote from: rygD on January 08, 2010, 02:53:29 AM

The stuff I sometimes see the ladies wear here covers them completely, and they look through little holes that are too few and small for me to be able to see them...but I rarely see them wearing that.  They are like the "French Flag" one on that site.

The burqhas that are popular here (you see them a lot on the PSU campus) cover pretty much everything but the eyes. I understand the ones in Middle Eastern countries usually even have some veiling over the eyes (which, holy hell, would have been so awesome at Burning Man during the dust storms) but still, would you recognize this guy

if he removed his hat and shaved?

How would France treat women who went to this:

Would that be acceptable because it leaves the nose uncovered? What if it's really cold? What about skiiers?

I get what you are saying, and agree with your security conscious perspective.  There is a reason we don't make the laws in France.

I need that ski mask.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

I want the grey one.  I'd wear it with a top hat and a monocle.

rygD

-Kel-

E.O.T.

EITHER

France is for lovers.

OR

OR, OR

"a good fight justifies any cause"

Requia ☣

I have to wonder if France and Switzerland are trying to create their own terrorism problem by doing shit like this so it can make its own PATRIOT act.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

-Kel-