News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

The Dreaming Sheep

Started by NotPublished, February 01, 2010, 09:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotPublished

The screaming, it just doesn't stop ... It's the same everywhere. Isn't it?

Things are definitely not the same. In the past, the life of a sheep was determined almost immediately based on what flock they were born in - if they were to live a life of growing wool, being meat, shoe shining or living it up in with the Rams. And occasional you'd have the sheep who had a dream, sometimes they chose to struggle and fight for it - rarely exceeding, but leaving a mark all the same.

But now ... in the age of the Dreaming Sheep, where anything is possible with an education, and the will to-do. Is there some inherit memory from our ancestry? What if the sheep doesn't know how to dream and needs their life to be dictated to them by a Shephard? I'm starting to believe some sheep's just weren't made to think for themselves. When given the choice, the Dreamer will shine, but not everyone is a dreamer! It just seems like the sheep doesn't know what was fought for anymore.

The ones who don't know how to dream, they just want to be told what to do ... Sometimes it gets too much, they'll freeze. They will just keep bawing and bawing, hoping that the others in the flock will swarm and direct them over to the other paddock, or that the Shephard will then push them in the path the Shepard wants - but life isn't dictated anymore!

Some sheep that are meant to be apart of a flock - just don't have a Shephard. Without a Shephard, they feel lost in life ... resorting to self-harm or things alike - just its easy. And with that, they will close themselves from the reality of the world, waiting for someone else to come along and make it better... "Why didn't you stop me?", "Where is everyone?", "Do you care about me?"

But I don't know, maybe the Sheep who doesn't dream is really just lazy, but what is the true nature of it all?
I know in myself .. I do not take well when someone else tries to direct me.

It's like the Queen Ant gives birth to warriors or workers, a worker just can't be a warrior and vice versa.

It's the same everywhere. Isn't it?
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Captain Utopia

That lazy sheep, the one who doesn't dream nor think.. isn't that one just typical of those who with their half-assed thoughts end up voting disaster upon themselves due to their supreme lack of individual comprehension?  Those who can't lift themselves from the common muck of accepted wisdom broadcast nightly on Fox News.  Those who, if faced with the truth we see daily in the fnords, would panic and make Wrong Choices.  Nature institutes pecking orders for a reason, there's no shame in that heritage, it's just a fact that these folk (all too common), can't be trusted to act intelligently with our truths.  They need their own comforting truths to chew on, social pacifiers for immature minds, the worker bee neither wants nor needs to know that their struggles and stories and egos are in vain to the extent that we see just hordes of faceless toil.  We are grateful, in a sense, but spread over great numbers, that gratitude - per worker bee - is minuscule.  As worthless as they.

No NP, please don't go there.  There may be some shreds of truth where you are treading, but these lines of thought inevitably make assholes out of anyone who gives them too much time.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: NotPublished on February 01, 2010, 09:55:23 PM
The ones who don't know how to dream, they just want to be told what to do ... Sometimes it gets too much, they'll freeze. They will just keep bawing and bawing, hoping that the others in the flock will swarm and direct them over to the other paddock...

Do we live on the same planet?

I haven't met any people who "don't know how to dream."  I know people of whom it could be fairly said that they dream too small, but nobody who doesn't dream at all.

I'm going to be honest here: this hobby people have, of constructing a straw species out of some chimera of barnyard animals and then waxing angsty about how they want better than that, how they wish there were more than 23 really real people on this earth so they could talk someone - what the fuck.  The only what this makes sense is if you just don't talk to people.  Sure, you might do the little talks, the small words of "do you want fries with that?" but the big words, the important words, the "this is what goes on behind my two eyes" - they don't get said and you take that to mean that the eyes just extend glassly all the way back to the base of the cranium, that there is nothing more than sound and fury and impotent helpless desire seated in the skulls of all these alleged apes?

The big words, the important words, they're there, I've seen them - and you say that because they haven't been shared with you that they don't exist?  There's this soft bit, soft and squishy and terrible where people keep all their important words and you're upset that they don't share them with you?  Why should they?  People understand the danger of the big words, they keep them close, because to know someone else's words is to have power over them - and they see who you are.  They see that you fancy yourself a shepherd in a land full of sheep and they see the wolfish glint of superiority in your eyes and they keep there soft parts hidden, they keep them safe, and only take them out in the company of friends they can trust - and the reason that it looks like there are so many wordless quadrupeds everywhere is because there are so many people like us, who would pound out their soft dangerous words into paper to write our next rant about how small we are - and if you want to see more of the big words, more of the important words, you need to make it okay to share them.  You need, yes you, this is all your fault and you need to fix it, make a land where it's okay to air the soggy laundry masses, big words and small words, where they can wear their own skin on the outside.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Jasper

We mustn't let gonzo hyperbole polemic get out of hand.

Captain Utopia

What a coincidence - that's just what you were thinking, too!

NotPublished

Hmm .. Your right FP, it does make assholes out of anyone... I went out and had some fun and I shutted the fuck up.

What set me down this track, I was speaking with a friend. She mentioned that life was way too much easier being dictated and some people just don't know how to cope with it ... I suppose when you start to bounce ideas back and forth, sometimes the big picture gets cut off and you just forget and run wild with an idea.

OP was just one big generalisation masturbation. I'll write more soon, just got back.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: GA on February 05, 2010, 03:43:37 AM
Quote from: NotPublished on February 01, 2010, 09:55:23 PM
The ones who don't know how to dream, they just want to be told what to do ... Sometimes it gets too much, they'll freeze. They will just keep bawing and bawing, hoping that the others in the flock will swarm and direct them over to the other paddock...

Do we live on the same planet?

I haven't met any people who "don't know how to dream."  I know people of whom it could be fairly said that they dream too small, but nobody who doesn't dream at all.

I'm going to be honest here: this hobby people have, of constructing a straw species out of some chimera of barnyard animals and then waxing angsty about how they want better than that, how they wish there were more than 23 really real people on this earth so they could talk someone - what the fuck.  The only what this makes sense is if you just don't talk to people.  Sure, you might do the little talks, the small words of "do you want fries with that?" but the big words, the important words, the "this is what goes on behind my two eyes" - they don't get said and you take that to mean that the eyes just extend glassly all the way back to the base of the cranium, that there is nothing more than sound and fury and impotent helpless desire seated in the skulls of all these alleged apes?

The big words, the important words, they're there, I've seen them - and you say that because they haven't been shared with you that they don't exist?  There's this soft bit, soft and squishy and terrible where people keep all their important words and you're upset that they don't share them with you?  Why should they?  People understand the danger of the big words, they keep them close, because to know someone else's words is to have power over them - and they see who you are.  They see that you fancy yourself a shepherd in a land full of sheep and they see the wolfish glint of superiority in your eyes and they keep there soft parts hidden, they keep them safe, and only take them out in the company of friends they can trust - and the reason that it looks like there are so many wordless quadrupeds everywhere is because there are so many people like us, who would pound out their soft dangerous words into paper to write our next rant about how small we are - and if you want to see more of the big words, more of the important words, you need to make it okay to share them.  You need, yes you, this is all your fault and you need to fix it, make a land where it's okay to air the soggy laundry masses, big words and small words, where they can wear their own skin on the outside.

:mittens:
I love this, more than I can express.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

NotPublished

Aye that was beautifully said GA.

The original OP ... I can't even remember where I was coming from. I hate adding justifications to things - but I guess I was looking around in my life, the people I talk to - who are quite open with me, They've told me repeatedly that they don't know what to do and they need someone to direct them, because they are suffering from depression or some likes of that. I kind of get extremely annoyed at them when I hear it and I just get at a loss of words, not knowing what I can say to break the ice

Captain Utopia

I wouldn't sweat the OP, NP - like any lens - it brings some things into focus and distorts others.  It made me think, in any case, so I'm glad you posted it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sometimes an OP, even if it misses the mark, opens a dialogue that turns out to be enriching. So the OP has value, as it's served a function above and beyond itself.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

YES. Content that misses the mark is better than A) No content at all or B) A never ending stream of bullshit.

Personally, I LOVE when my own content misses the mark because I end up learning more.
Plus, I tried.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

NotPublished

Aye, I usually miss the mark with my OPs - its good to see that other paths of conversation do open up from it. I usually leave alot of the background out, sometimes I just don't know how to word it. It is something I need to work on.

I read the OP again, and I realise that it sounds like I have a superiority complex... Maybe I do? I don't know. I know I am about to rant however.

My best-friend made a comment lastnight which struck a nerve in me, "Its as if your friends just come to you cause they need something to be done." ... I am starting to believe its true - I am not the same person I was a year ago... hell even 6 months ago, I remember a 'friend' of mine even had the gall to say "Ever since you've become 'weird' you've changed man..." - what the hell?

Recently, an old friend started to talk to me - but it turns out because he wanted help getting a TFN. Kinda got really annoyed, what am I? I told him all you have to do is fill out the form and give it in ... and he says "Thanks for help" really sarcasticly. He wanted steps on what-to-do. Now see... in the past, I was the kind of person to give thorough explanations on how to do things, and even go step-by-step with them - as if it were some sort of secret formula ... I don't know, I have definatly SET this up on myself, but I didn't realise that I was expected to be full-time.

"Its ok, you can always rely on Mitch."

Is this a superiority complex? I don't feel superior, I feel annoyed. Very annoyed. I have myself to blame for it? Then so be it. But don't get the wrong impression, not all my friendships are like this .. It is just like this with my old-school friends, which is kind of sad. I mean I almost broke one friendship off only because he constantly (Seriously, atleast once a week - he just didn't know how to play safe) asked me to format his computer and he wouldn't learn how to do it himself [and he was a jerk to me, but the tables have turned majorly now :)]... But I have moved on and met some really awesome people, who I am greatful in my life, and I know they appreciate me for who I am now.

It is mostly just a vent now rawr :(

*EDIT* Hahahaha I just got an sms saying "Will you be online tonight by 9pm? I kinda need some help looking through a course" ... is there a job or something where I can make money from this shiz?

the last yatto

theres a phobia here im just not seeing it...
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

NotPublished

ack completely forgot about this thingo

I hope someone can make something out of it  :lulz: