OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 31, 2015, 09:37:13 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 31, 2015, 08:43:58 PM
You could say it was a once in a blue moon event.

Like Mercury in retrograde?   :lulz:

Against all the rules of astrology, as far as I am concerned, Mercury is always in retrograde.

In other news. my quest to eliminate all spiders from all iterations of Skyrim mods continues.  If I don't get this job (because they still haven't got back to me...not a good sign), I've decided I'll upgrade my graphics card and spend at least 2/6 days making videos, inbetween doing my dissertation and working.

axod

Ooh, so I think there's some kind of exploitable gremlin in my phone.  Sometimes, if I miss a call, when I then subsequently dial out (to an unrelated number), my line crosses over and picks up the current conversation of the user I initially missed.  So far it's only been telemarketers, and I've been too taken aback to mess with them, or, I don't know if they can hear me, but I can definitively hear them.  Maybe it's just mercury in retrograde again.
just this

Cain

That's pretty neat.  Might be worth seeing if your phone manufacturer or network provider offer a bounty for software bugs.

axod

I'll check it out, though I expect the response to be "have you upgraydd yet", followed by grounded vindaloop entree, no pudding. 
just this

Meunster

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 29, 2015, 05:51:35 AM
What really makes me laugh in these latter days of PD.com is that there's maybe a couple of dozen of us left at best, who have been friends for up to 13 years, and we STILL get freaks kicking in the door to save Discordia from our tyrannical jackboots.

:lulz:

Shit, we have two at once, now, since Muenster invited his buddy.

:argh!:I'll let you know right fucking now. I have no friends. That autist here to ruin your circle jerk is not affiliated with me at all.
Poe's law ;)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Meunster on August 02, 2015, 09:44:21 PM
What really makes me laugh in these latter days of PD.com is that there's maybe a couple of dozen of us left at best, who have been friends for up to 13 years, and we STILL get freaks kicking in the door to save Discordia from our tyrannical jackboots.

:argh!:I'll let you know right fucking now. I have no friends. That autist here to ruin your circle jerk is not affiliated with me at all.

Yeah, well...

Quote from: Acosmicist on July 29, 2015, 02:34:42 AM
An anonymous user told me as we were discussing Discordianism on another forum that around here, people take themselves too seriously, pat each other on the back for agreeing with one another, ignore people who disagree with them, and genuinely believe in some greater, left-wing altruistic purpose for getting a kick out of hot dog bun jokes.

I interpreted this as a challenge.

It may not be you, or he may be lying altogether, but the coincidence is amazing.

And it's not like you've behaved in a fashion that gets you the benefit of the doubt.  Both of you - independently or otherwise - decided to kick the door in and act like belligerent drunks.

As I said to him, action/reaction; how could you expect the universe or the critters therein (ie, us) to act any way other than the way they have?
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 02, 2015, 11:31:06 PM
Quote from: Meunster on August 02, 2015, 09:44:21 PM

Yeah, well...

Quote from: Acosmicist on July 29, 2015, 02:34:42 AM
An anonymous user told me as we were discussing Discordianism on another forum that around here, people take themselves too seriously, pat each other on the back for agreeing with one another, ignore people who disagree with them, and genuinely believe in some greater, left-wing altruistic purpose for getting a kick out of hot dog bun jokes.

I interpreted this as a challenge.

It may not be you, or he may be lying altogether, but the coincidence is amazing.

And it's not like you've behaved in a fashion that gets you the benefit of the doubt.  Both of you - independently or otherwise - decided to kick the door in and act like belligerent drunks.

As I said to him, action/reaction; how could you expect the universe or the critters therein (ie, us) to act any way other than the way they have?

The new ones lack the subtle self-conscious irony of Meunster. Meunster is simultaneously trolling, and making fun of trolling.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Doesn't really matter.

But on the subject of trolling, I went into a rationalist group today and announced that I am apparently the only person on Facebook that has zero percent Native American heritage.

50 replies in 10 minutes, each of them explaining exactly what fraction Cherokee they are.

Waiting for the one who says "Cherokee princess".
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 04, 2015, 01:35:48 AM
Doesn't really matter.

But on the subject of trolling, I went into a rationalist group today and announced that I am apparently the only person on Facebook that has zero percent Native American heritage.

50 replies in 10 minutes, each of them explaining exactly what fraction Cherokee they are.

OMG OMG OMG OMG LINK PLS
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 04, 2015, 02:34:07 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 04, 2015, 01:35:48 AM
Doesn't really matter.

OMG OMG OMG OMG LINK PLS

Moderators nuked the post a little while ago, after I explained what a Cherokee Princess was, and people jumped all over my shit.

I'll start a new one in FB proper, so no pissy mods.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

It's not working this time.   :sad:

Apparently, all of my regular FB friends aren't hippies.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube