News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

post cabbage, ITT

Started by Triple Zero, January 09, 2008, 08:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

after locking, i can still add a poll to my threads! :-D

please unlock
5 (27.8%)
let it die a locked death
3 (16.7%)
you can also remove the thread did you know that?
10 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

marzipan ratt

Triple Zero

e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Kurt Christ

Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

awesome. i did a short research project on "patterns in nature" in my Introduction to Computational Science course.

we got a bunch of differential equations that simulated so called "reaction-diffusion" chemical reactions, that could produce patterns like this, if you tweaked them correctly.
i know that it looks like this because it grows like this, but it grows like this because of a reason, and that reason is nearly all these patterns are somehow somewhere based on a Gray-Scott reaction-diffusion system.

ok we didn't have time to try out all different kind of formulas, so we only got the most easy-to-acquire patterns, which are the blobby shapes you also see in the link above .. but what was my surprise when i was watching a friend's tropical aquarium, and see a fish swimming around with the exact same pattern i just simulated in my experiments!! w00t

the coolest thing is, it had two main parameters, and by tweaking those we could make the spot-patterns on the tail, the stripe-patterns on the body and the maze-patterns on the nose, all out of one formula.

Kurt Christ

Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Eve

Jason "Cabbage" Cabbagio, Scrubs season six
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Triple Zero