News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

FAO: Spags what like to hit other spags

Started by Don Coyote, March 27, 2011, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

When I used to do Medieval re-enactment, with authentic blunted Medieval weapons, (Broadsword & Buckler, Longsword, Daggers, Hammers, Longbows, and occasionally, Pikes) there was a real incentive to get as good as possible, because when we did a big display against other Societies, it was less about demonstrating the Art of Chivalrous Combat to the Public, and more about getting through a half hour 2-300 person melee, without breaking any (of your own) bones. Longbows (Our specialty) were up to 120lb pull, and rubber bung tipped arrows are quite capable of cracking ribs, even on three quarter strength pull. The opposing Army was usually made up from the Staffordshire Police Force, so there was added incentive right there. Those bastards took it way too seriously at times.     
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4