News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Do unbaptized children go to hell?

Started by Sir Bearington, July 27, 2012, 01:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Bearington

This is something that bugged me last night thinking about, i myself am unbaptized and i will never forget thanks to the passed down retelling of events from my family about a time in which a jehovah's witness zealously upon hearing that i was never baptized, began screaming at my family after putting his foot in the door about how i will burn in hell.

What kind of "God" would allow such a thing?

Do you have any thoughts on the matter?   :|

(I wasnt sure whether to put this thread somewhere else, but since it was more a arguement than a rant i thought it would be best here)

Lenin McCarthy

Don't you worry. Just get a Mormon to baptize you post-mortem.

Sir Bearington

Quote from: Lenin/McCarthy on July 27, 2012, 01:29:06 PM
Don't you worry. Just get a Mormon to baptize you post-mortem.

Now that is a very callous and heartless thing to say.

Even to me. Shame on you.

East Coast Hustle

JoHo's don't scream at people, and I'm pretty sure they don't get baptized. Your family are rotten liars. Which is good, since at least if you DO go to hell you'll still be able to see them.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sir Bearington

Quote from: Echo Chamber Music on July 27, 2012, 03:09:17 PM
JoHo's don't scream at people, and I'm pretty sure they don't get baptized. Your family are rotten liars. Which is good, since at least if you DO go to hell you'll still be able to see them.

I was in the same room when he said it, or better wording it 'screamed it' i know it to be true because i can remember the grief and distress on my family's face when it was said. Just too young to remember the words.

Oh that's a nice and uplifting thing to say, thanks.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Ah, no... JW's don't believe in baptizing children. In fact you have to answer a series of 80 questions to prove that you know their belief system well enough to dedicate your life to serving their God. They actually condemn the idea of baby baptisim. They also believe that you have to be completely submerged in the water for it to be a baptism (symbolicly dying from your old life and being born new to God)... no head sprinkling. It would be pyhsically improbable to baptize a baby in the way JW's do.

Secondly, JW's do not believe in Hell. They believe that when you die, you are dead. No consciousness (unless you happen to be one of 144,000 people selected by Jesus to go to heaven).

Third, a JW would never scream at anyone in their door to door ministry. They could be kicked out for that sort of behavior.

I call bullshit.

*I was born and raised a JW, worked at their world headquarters, was an appointed Ministerial Servant and gave Sunday morning sermons. I was baptized at the age of 13 and that was considered almost 'too young'.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Faust

As all people are born Discordians, all are welcome in her arms, or on the end of her fork.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mistre

I've heard of a place called Limbo, not sure if it applies to your question.
Uber Supreme Poobah of Pope-Groping™

He who acknowledges his own inability to answer a question is wise, he who does not seek one is stupid.

tyrannosaurus vex

YES. THEY GO TO HELL. AND THEY BURN FOREVER, IN TORMENT AND PAIN AND GNASHING OF GUMS.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

This is what passes for AI, now?

--Shuffling off to Cain's new board now.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on August 10, 2012, 03:38:53 PM

Why yes, one troll = PD's AI.

See you, I guess.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 10, 2012, 03:58:28 PM

See you, I guess.

In as Oculoid. So much catching up to do.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on August 10, 2012, 05:15:11 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 10, 2012, 03:58:28 PM

See you, I guess.

In as Oculoid. So much catching up to do.

Well, then, no time to waste.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Salty

*Thank you for depositing *ONE. USELESS. WHINE. Please wait for the following recoding BEEEEEEP*

HEY.

As one of the admins and, well, OTHER THINGS, for that board I would like to humbly request that you, and any other people who feel a need to engage in something like PD DROOLS THAT OTHER PLACE RULES kind of thing, please, PLEASE, keep it to yourself.

Just a request, not a demand or anything.

I will absolutely not accept any kind of shit talking of this or any other board I like over there. I think we had enough of that at EBG thank you very much.

Thanks.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, what can you expect?   We don't meet his standards in some way or another, and appearances must be maintained.  The interbutts are SERIOUS BUSINESS, so he has to let us know SRSLY that we don't make the grade.