News:

I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

Looking for some help.

Started by Daniel, December 19, 2006, 06:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJRubberducky

If you choose to have characters, you'd better make it clear how they're hiding their tracks.  You know as well as I do the PTB would squish anyone who pulled too many pranks, or too large of one.

If you want to use any of my stuff, feel free, but DO NOT credit me.  Seriously, do not mention me whatsoever.
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

Thurnez Isa

#1 would be interesting if you had a good fully developed protagonist that your audience could identify with. If you want your audience to react to the prank more then the "mission"

#2 would be better if you wanted to illistrate the prank and create some good conflict - expecially if the prank becomes bigger then expected and goes out of control

depends what direction you want to go
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Daniel

Quote from: DJRubberducky on December 19, 2006, 07:34:45 PM
If you choose to have characters, you'd better make it clear how they're hiding their tracks.  You know as well as I do the PTB would squish anyone who pulled too many pranks, or too large of one.

PTB?

Quote from: DJRubberducky on December 19, 2006, 07:34:45 PM
If you want to use any of my stuff, feel free, but DO NOT credit me.  Seriously, do not mention me whatsoever.

Understood.  Danke.

LMNO

Quote from: Daniel on December 19, 2006, 07:28:44 PM
What do you guys think would work better:

1) Anonymous pranksters, where the plot is more about public reaction

2) Prankster characters that we get to watch and cheer on

?

Both. ¬†First one, then the other. ¬†However, to have a story arc, have your protagonist be a greyface who becomes enlightened, and joins in the fun, only to be destroyed by the System,Ñ¢

Daniel

Quote from: LMNO on December 19, 2006, 07:38:11 PM

?

Both.  First one, then the other.  However, to have a story arc, have your protagonist be a greyface who becomes enlightened, and joins in the fun, only to be destroyed by the System,Ñ¢

OOO!

Have the anonymous pranksters, then someone gets the idea and signs up, they get totally stomped, and then the pranksters spring them out!

Jenne

Ha...I see "someone" was right.

:thanks:

Daniel

LMNO

Quote from: Daniel on December 19, 2006, 07:40:15 PM
Quote from: LMNO on December 19, 2006, 07:38:11 PM

?

Both.¬† First one, then the other.¬† However, to have a story arc, have your protagonist be a greyface who becomes enlightened, and joins in the fun, only to be destroyed by the System,Ñ¢

OOO!

Have the anonymous pranksters, then someone gets the idea and signs up, they get totally stomped, and then the pranksters spring them out!

If you want my 2 cents, no hollywood ending.

Imagine Fight Club if the bombs didn't go off, and Ed Norton blew off the top of his skull.

Thurnez Isa

in my opinion
that would be one hell of an improvement
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Daniel

Hmm.  What about the sort of ending where the protagonist would've been totally squished, but The Machine had to run off and deal with the anonymous jakers?

He still looses his job, his house, his wife and his dog, but he gets to wander off.

I'm no big fan of happy endings either, but what's to encourage the consumer if it looks like there's no point to trying?

Jenne

Quote from: Daniel on December 19, 2006, 07:52:50 PM
Hmm. What about the sort of ending where the protagonist would've been totally squished, but The Machine had to run off and deal with the anonymous jakers?

He still looses his job, his house, his wife and his dog, but he gets to wander off.

I'm no big fan of happy endings either, but what's to encourage the consumer if it looks like there's no point to trying?

You could do the "two-ending" thing, where you show the reader what they WANT versus what IS.

LMNO

Quote from: Daniel on December 19, 2006, 07:52:50 PM
Hmm.  What about the sort of ending where the protagonist would've been totally squished, but The Machine had to run off and deal with the anonymous jakers?

Think of the original Rocky.  he loses, but he becomes idolized as a thing to aspire to be.

That is tosay, it's the fight which is important.

Daniel

Hmm.

So he gets stomped, but other people see, cheer, and go and do?

Jenne

But that was a set up for Rocky II, y'all.  There wouldn't be a Rocky XXII coming out this week otherwise...