News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

ADOLPHUS FREDERIC ST.SURE

Started by E.O.T., March 07, 2010, 07:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.O.T.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolphus_Frederic_St._Sure

SAINT SURE

need I say moar?

HOW'S THIS

for appletalk fodder?

QUOTE:

St. Sure entered politics by chance. He lived in Alameda and was nominated for Justice of the Peace by some friends almost as a prank.
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

E.O.T.

ALSO

St. Sure did not have a high school education. Realizing a need to educate himself, he began to 'read' the law; in essence earning a self-taught legal education. In 1895 he was admitted to the California Bar.

AND

Upholding the dignity of the court became an obsession with St. Sure, but at the same time, his sense of humor frequently broke loose.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

This is why we need to learn how to clone dead people.

notathing

your summation was more interesting than Wikipedia's.

but this dude was badass.

E.O.T.

ALSO

Judge St. Sure insisted during his early days on the bench that women be permitted to sit on Federal juries, explaining he "had two years' experience with women jurors when I was on the superior court bench in Alameda County and found them conscientious, independent, highly intelligent, and willing to serve".[3] The barrier banning women jurors in Federal Courts was lifted in 1939.

AND

In 1939, Lettuce workers in Salinas, California were blacklisted by employers for their union activities. Attorneys provided by the ILWU brought action and St. Sure, in the first instance of its kind, issued an injunction holding blacklisting to be illegal.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."