You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

NANOWRIMO OPERATION:BRAINSTORM

Started by LMNO, October 08, 2008, 07:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Well, not entirely.

LMNO
-plans to free write most of it.  My mind goes where it will.

:lmnuendo:

Cain

Mine will be a mystery thriller, set in South East Asia's near future (similar kind of future to that in The City/LMNO-PI).

Richter

Quote from: LMNO on October 10, 2008, 02:27:40 PM
Well, not entirely.

LMNO
-plans to free write most of it.  My mind goes where it will.

:lmnuendo:

Cain suggested something similar on IRC: 50k words stream - of - consciousness.

This clicked my brain into a non - linear exploration of causality and POV, so I have a subject. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

I'm just hoping that it will save me from the "I don't know where to go from here" trap.

I plan to employ the Law of Fives to a great degree when I hit 40,000 , and try to tie it all together.

Darth Cupcake

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/38032

All y'all are being added.

My plot involves a cabal (yes, I'm actually using names from the "Name my protagonist" thread :lol:), a bunch of shenanigans, some sort of evil super power that they are trying to defeat, a futuristic here (and neighboring planets), some neat gadgets, and, who knows. I'm kind of going to go from there. I haven't hammered out my plot entirely yet, except I hope to have dark humor, witty banter, and, uh, I dunno what else. Neat gadgets, again. Yeah.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on October 10, 2008, 02:38:32 PM
I'm just hoping that it will save me from the "I don't know where to go from here" trap.

I plan to employ the Law of Fives to a great degree when I hit 40,000 , and try to tie it all together.

I'm relying on that trap.  The fear will spur me on to write regardless.  I can always edit it to make sense in December.

I've probably got about 2-3 chapters already sorted out in my head, but I refuse to think it through any further.  Instead, I'm concentrating on fleshing out my characters.  My main one, a smuggler/pilot is pretty much finished, but I need to add some more.  Quite a few more.

Eve

My new plot idea involves a few regulars + an employee or two at some weird little coffee shop. Needs more excitement! I tend to get through NaNo by having very little plot and a lot of weird characters who become overdeveloped in 50k words. That's fine and all, but I think this year I should actually try to get a story out of it.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Richter

I'm thinking up an exploration of different world view / character archetypes.  Same day happens over and over for the main character, compeltely disconnected, just with a different idea for each day, and different plot points exploited as appropriate.  Kind of Groundhog Day, just with a different pathos every day.  Writing the corpse's day should be interesting.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

LMNO

Payne

Note: I will not read any of these novels unless I am in them. Not even my own.  :x

Richter

Suu

Either I put way too much thought into this and go with my first idea, or I can just numbly blurt out excerpts from my life at conventions, in costume, and my college exploits (ie, almost throwing my roommate off of our apartment balcony.)
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Quote from: Richter on October 10, 2008, 03:35:00 PM
Quote from: LMNO on October 10, 2008, 03:15:22 PM
I smell Joyce...

It's been done before, eh?

That doesn't matter, just as long as you're aware of it.  Hell, you referenced "Grounhog Day".

I like it.  I was gonna try to do a completely ordinary day, but from the angle of BIP; but the structuring would be too precise to do 50k in 30 days.

Suu

I think the purpose of this IS to blurt out nonsense because it's an exercise in wracking your brain.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Suu on October 10, 2008, 04:12:37 PM
I think the purpose of this IS to blurt out nonsense because it's an exercise in wracking your brain.

TITCM

I'm going for absurdity. :D
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.