News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

RAW program I made

Started by LordFjord, October 14, 2013, 05:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LordFjord on October 14, 2013, 08:08:06 PM
Its how we spell it in Europe, trust me. :thanks:

No, if it was Europe, you'd have wiggled an unnecessary U in there somewhere.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 14, 2013, 08:09:26 PM

And those fucking extraneous dots.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Don Coyote on October 14, 2013, 08:14:45 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 14, 2013, 08:09:26 PM

And those fucking extraneous dots.

Oh, yeah, those umlat thingies.  I think the Belgians just make that up, to take the piss.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Pere Ubu

If it wasn't for umlauts, the whole heavy metal music industry would collapse!
If you meet Eris on the road, YOU WERE PROBABLY HOLDING THE MAP UPSIDE DOWN, DUMBASS.

Grand Episkopos and Lord High Executioner of The Temple Of The Screaming Finger

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pere Ubu on October 14, 2013, 08:24:25 PM
If it wasn't for umlauts, the whole heavy metal music industry would collapse!

See?  There's that fucking u again.

Pere Ubu

We're lucky - in the universe next door, heavy metal was influenced by Welsh and the bands are all like "Death Ffyrwywnagochffywy".
If you meet Eris on the road, YOU WERE PROBABLY HOLDING THE MAP UPSIDE DOWN, DUMBASS.

Grand Episkopos and Lord High Executioner of The Temple Of The Screaming Finger

Don Coyote

Quote from: Pere Ubu on October 14, 2013, 08:39:09 PM
We're lucky - in the universe next door, heavy metal was influenced by Welsh and the bands are all like "Death Ffyrwywnagochffywy".

STOP FUCKING OPPRESSING MY PEOPLE

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Don Coyote on October 14, 2013, 08:40:29 PM

Not technically "people".

Don Coyote

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 14, 2013, 08:41:31 PM

Says the "man" from Cornwall.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Don Coyote on October 14, 2013, 08:42:48 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 14, 2013, 08:41:31 PM

Says the "man" from Cornwall.

We at least have spoken language.  Even if we don't choose to use it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LordFjord on October 14, 2013, 07:28:46 PM
Just scan it if you're paranoid. I used processing 2, java yes! Thanks! Actually all of the source code is included so if anyone wants to modify it into something else then feel free!  :fap:

I'm not that paranoid, I just wanted to know whether I had any motivation to look at it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 14, 2013, 10:36:15 PM
Quote from: LordFjord on October 14, 2013, 07:28:46 PM
Just scan it if you're paranoid. I used processing 2, java yes! Thanks! Actually all of the source code is included so if anyone wants to modify it into something else then feel free!  :fap:

I'm not that paranoid, I just wanted to know whether I had any motivation to look at it.

I am.   :lulz:

Pæs

From the source:
QuoteThis app will be a modified version of Snackbar, but with extended capabilites, namely containing more samples.
   These will all be from Robert Anton Wilson, and as such the aesthetic will also be based on his work, as tribute.
   It could also include Discordian references but more minimal compared to the the RAWness. In essence, this will be
   a digital shrine to Robert Anton Wilson. I'm looking to implement about 20 unique non-circular quotes.
   The super psychedelic image of Raw will do as gif form for the first page, then one central image for the main page.
   It will run in single-window mode (not full screen) and will be compatible with all platforms. If it meets a good standard
   I may present it to a discordian forum or an offical Raw website.

Cool stuff, dude. I'm not SO big on RAW but I'm going to poke around at your source because I don't do much Java and it interests me.

Pæs

For the suspicious, the source so far is all about random selection of clips to play, not so much about the taking control of your toasted and dimming the lights in your house with HAX.

I may build it from source later and can share that version.