News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 25, 2014, 03:55:09 PM
So, after this Ferguson business, I have blocked about half my FB friends for yukking it up over Brown's death and the riots.

Actual quote from someone I've known for over a year, who always made sense in the past:

Quote from: CletusI hope the police kill a bunch of those savages in Ferguson.  It's the only way they learn."

Not satire.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I've seen a surprising amount of pearl-clutching and "why-won't-they-just-settle-down" and "this isn't about race, it's about a cop shooting a kid" and "won't someone think of the community".

It's unsettling.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: President Television on November 25, 2014, 01:17:06 PM
I kinda have an idea, but I don't know how well it'll go over, so I think I should run it past Open Bar before actually doing it. I kinda want to take all the supernatural entities that've shown up in PD stories over the years and give them Pathfinder stats so enterprising DMs can throw them into their games. I know it kinda robs them of their mystery and associated horror if we give them a codified set of abilities, but at the same time I think it could be cool as hell, and I already have a couple of ideas.

I normally wouldn't stat Eris, but all I really want to do for deities is write up their alignments and a list of domains for their clerics, and her domains are pretty obviously Chaos, Madness, Trickery, and War. I kinda have an idea for the guy(I forget his name) who makes deals with people for their bones. How to make him work, I mean. For monsters, there are Nessies, Upside-Down People, Spiders(probably Lawful Evil or Lawful Neutral Outsiders with some illusion and enchantment SLAs), and all kinds of other things. For deities, there are Eris(CN), "Bob"(CN), the Skinsaw Queen(N), the Machine(LN/LE), Payne(CG), and probably some others I've forgotten about. I might also throw together a Yeti bloodline for sorcerers and bloodragers, for that tangy Subgenius zip.

Does anyone think this is a bad idea?
I am SO on board with this idea. I might even use these myself. I have a setting that deals with smaller more obscure gods and having eris and Bob kicking around would be no end of fun.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 25, 2014, 06:08:57 PM
So, after this Ferguson business, I have blocked about half my FB friends for yukking it up over Brown's death and the riots.

Actual quote from someone I've known for over a year, who always made sense in the past:

Quote from: CletusI hope the police kill a bunch of those savages in Ferguson.  It's the only way they learn."

Not satire.

I've seen a surprising amount of pearl-clutching and "why-won't-they-just-settle-down" and "this isn't about race, it's about a cop shooting a kid" and "won't someone think of the community".

It's unsettling.

When Obama first got elected, I actually had high hopes that we might be living in a post-racial society. How incredibly fucking naïve that all seems now.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Chelagoras The Boulder

oh, but wait! Once Hilary gets into office we'll live in a post-gender society! Wont that be great?
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

hooplala

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 25, 2014, 06:08:57 PM

Not satire.

It's unsettling.

It's like nobody wants to party in the ruins anymore.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

People are afraid that if they acknowledge that america is racist, they might have to take responsibility for addressing the problem.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 25, 2014, 07:10:14 PM
People are afraid that if they acknowledge that america is racist, they might have to take responsibility for addressing the problem.

Well, they're okay with America being racist, so long as they get to tell you who the real racists are.
Molon Lube

Cain

LOL @ "it's not about race".  How more blatantly head in the sand denial about reality can you get? 

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on November 25, 2014, 07:13:00 PM
LOL @ "it's not about race".  How more blatantly head in the sand denial about reality can you get?

*looks at the recent election*
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I aged my profile pic 30 years. 

Because I can.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 25, 2014, 07:40:09 PM

Because I can.

That expression is the only reasonable reaction to the 21st Century.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on November 25, 2014, 07:46:03 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 25, 2014, 07:40:09 PM

Because I can.

That expression is the only reasonable reaction to the 21st Century.

Yep. 

I was just listening to some asshole blather about how most cops are on our side.

The moment a man straps on a gun and a badge, his priorities change and those priorities do not include you.  Officer friendly is not on your side, he is not out there to "serve and protect" (I have never heard of a police department that has that in their charter, no matter what they stencil on their squadcars), he is out to "maintain order"...By definition, if he is dealing with you, he is your enemy, as that intrisically means he views you as a potentially disorderly component of society.

So yes, I need that facial expression.  And so do you.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Politics and police forces are jobs people should be drafted in to. 

People who actually want those jobs should not be let within 100 feet of them.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Junkenstein

New job has elements of awesome.

For example, was passing the protests in Antwerp yesterday and saw people losing their shit in a most glorious fashion.

Then there was a puncture and a day of shit and delays, but like I said, elements of awesome.

I'm looking forward to next year to say the least.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.