News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on March 27, 2014, 02:48:08 PM
Holy shit, I just found out that the cell bio class I need is 7 credits, with recitation three times a week. :eek:

How does your credit system work again? With us, it's basically 3 credits for a lecture class, 4 for for a lecture/lab class (though I note that one of the classes I'll be taking in Spring 2015 is 5 credits)
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: (Doktor (Nephew Twiddleton (Twid)) Blight) on March 27, 2014, 03:35:13 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 27, 2014, 02:48:08 PM
Holy shit, I just found out that the cell bio class I need is 7 credits, with recitation three times a week. :eek:

How does your credit system work again? With us, it's basically 3 credits for a lecture class, 4 for for a lecture/lab class (though I note that one of the classes I'll be taking in Spring 2015 is 5 credits)

It depends (the university uses a slightly different system than the community college because you enroll in the labs separately) but it's tied to the number of hours per week. For example, my geology lecture is 3 credits, and about 2.5 hours in lecture per week, and my geology lab is 1 credit and 1.5 hours per week. My chemistry and biology classes at PCC combine lecture and lab and are 5 credits each, about 4 hours a week in lecture and 3 hours in lab. Average for most classes is 4 credits, with some science and math classes being 5 credits. An associate's degree here is 90 credits, and a baccalaureate is 180 credits.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Bleh. Not teaching.  Not surprised.  When a teaching assistant from the school applies for a job, you might as well pack up and go home.  The school is just wasting your time at that point.

Nephew Twiddleton

Post-midterm blues. My head feels lost and I'm convinced I'm going to fail half my classes. In reality, I'm probably just not sleeping enough and will walk away with no lower than a B in any class.

Ben Shapiro

Blood results came in!
Good News!
Type 2 diabetes averted. My blood pressure won't be a issue once my meds drop me down. I'm fat no matter how healthy I ate because of my under-active thyroid. So the medicine will help me shred pounds more and I won't be as tired anymore.  I come back in 6 months. The low-GI diet I followed along with my parent and exercise only prolonged the weight gain.

So I'm one of the special snowflake cases where I actually take Levothyroxine now. So I get to be THAT guy if I want whenever someone makes a fat post on Facebook. I'm trying to take a good picture of me in a "Actually" pose. Binks is mad because I get a free pass to derail her threads. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

I can't wait to work out and feel the energy levels like a normal god damn person. Prepare your anus! Bears back in his ultimate form!

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: /b/earman on March 27, 2014, 09:54:16 PM
Blood results came in!
Good News!
Type 2 diabetes averted. My blood pressure won't be a issue once my meds drop me down. I'm fat no matter how healthy I ate because of my under-active thyroid. So the medicine will help me shred pounds more and I won't be as tired anymore.  I come back in 6 months. The low-GI diet I followed along with my parent and exercise only prolonged the weight gain.

So I'm one of the special snowflake cases where I actually take Levothyroxine now. So I get to be THAT guy if I want whenever someone makes a fat post on Facebook. I'm trying to take a good picture of me in a "Actually" pose. Binks is mad because I get a free pass to derail her threads. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

I can't wait to work out and feel the energy levels like a normal god damn person. Prepare your anus! Bears back in his ultimate form!

Awesome, dude!  :)
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on March 27, 2014, 09:58:19 PM
Blood results came in!
Good News!

Soon I shall be 275 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal!

Nephew Twiddleton

Blood results came in!
Good News!

Good.

Live long and prosper.

Twid,
Means it. \\//,

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: /b/earman on March 27, 2014, 09:59:04 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on March 27, 2014, 09:58:19 PM
Blood results came in!
Good News!

Soon I shall be 275 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal!

That is awesome news, man. :) Congrats.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Blood results came in!
Good News!

It's been Bearman on low wattage/half power all along?

Prepare you anuses, indeed!!!!!  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Blood results came in!
Good News!

You will actually be astonished how fast you'll lose weight if they dial your thyroid in (important note:  This takes a few trips to the doctor to do properly, I gather), especially if you're active.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben Shapiro

Tell me more. So if I understand you correctly. Keep going back til I get my perfect dose?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: /b/earman on March 28, 2014, 01:36:41 AM
Tell me more. So if I understand you correctly. Keep going back til I get my perfect dose?

The doc will explain it to you.  They take blood, analyze it, then prescibe a dose.

Then you come back, they take more blood, change the dose a bit.

Rinse, repeat, until your thyroid is working properly or they suck all your blood out and you die.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Ben Shapiro

I'm scheduled to go back in 6 months. Should I come banging at his door every 2 months?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: /b/earman on March 28, 2014, 01:40:31 AM
I'm scheduled to go back in 6 months. Should I come banging at his door every 2 months?

Naw.  My wife had this done 4 years back, I can't remember how often she had to have the blood work done.