News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Annnnnd..... I'm outta here!

Started by Bebek Sincap Ratatosk, March 22, 2011, 03:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard

Insanity we trust.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

The sky was full of stars
the acid, oh so clean
an the moonrise over Sığacık
was a slice of tangerine.

Never tripped for 24 hours straight before... I feel as though my soul was taken out, washed and reurned via the swift clean winds of the Aegean Sea.

The food here is amazing, fresh oysters, stuffed with rice, purchased at the docks... cheeses that make the best feta seem lie a poor imitation and delicious spinach in everything.

Drinking a liter of wine with no hangover while playing poi with Purple Eris. It's still so unreal...

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Suu

Did you go back to Constantinople?!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Phox

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on March 27, 2011, 05:46:03 PM
Did you go back to Constantinople?!
No! You can't go back to Constantinople!

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Telarus

:lulz:

Glad you're having a great time, Rat.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Phox

Kurt Christ

Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Triple Zero

Where in Turkey? I've only been in the neighbourhood of Antalya (south coast).

I can't give you much pointers though, there's loads of cool stuff and it's easy to find. There's also annoying stuff (I dislike the aggressive selling and haggling/bartering culture at the markets) and I haven't figured out how to avoid it without avoiding the whole "you're in Turkey" part ;-)

Maybe to go to a Hamam (?), bath houses where you get massages and oil scrubbings and you come out all squeaky clean and slightly pink :) They're not too expensive and definitely worth it (not that I have been to one, but all my family was really enthousiastic about them).
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Thurnez Isa

I heard Turkish food is really good.
Like Greek but less greasy.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Triple Zero

They don't have really proper cheese though. I've been fooled many times by stuff that looks like a kind of braided mozzarella but is in fact really really salty tough stuff.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

I'd love to visit Turkey again.  It was such a surprise what a delightful time--and what absofuckinglutely gorgeous the landscape is--can be had there.  I was amazed.  The food was good, the shopkeepers quaintly hilarious in their old worldness (sending tea boys to fetch trays of tea, wine, coffee, whathaveyou, for instance, through the streets of the bazaar for any clientele who looked like they were buying).

10/10, would visit again.