News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

I Am Free

Started by POFP, March 29, 2014, 01:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 01, 2014, 12:40:03 AM
Quote from: Pæs on April 01, 2014, 12:38:24 AM
Quote from: The Johnny on April 01, 2014, 12:34:29 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 01, 2014, 12:30:04 AM
Quote from: Pæs on April 01, 2014, 12:29:21 AM
In a truly free market, I could exchange my musings for WoW gold.

Do people really pay real money for WoW gold?

Tell me they do.

They even pay to get items and levelled characters...you know, instead of PLAYING ti get them while having fun.

On the other hand, if they don't find the game fun without that stuff, and they do find the game fun with it...

Why not? Sounds like a game design issue.

I just can't believe that I've been DMing since 1977 non-stop, but I never thought of letting people PAY me for experience and loot.

I am naked & ashamed.

You have to go dark side DM first and create a game experience which is less fun to beat legitimately. Then you can charge for character successes.

The Johnny

Tell me they do.

They even pay to get items and levelled characters...you know, instead of PLAYING ti get them while having fun.

On the other hand, if they don't find the game fun without that stuff, and they do find the game fun with it...

I just can't believe that I've been DMing since 1977 non-stop, but I never thought of letting people PAY me for experience and loot.

I am naked & ashamed.

Well they pay middlemen, not the company... this means you would be DMing for indian and chinese farming bots.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on April 01, 2014, 12:42:43 AM

Tell me they do.

I am naked & ashamed.

You have to go dark side DM first and create a game experience which is less fun to beat legitimately. Then you can charge for character successes.

Who likes being 3rd level?  Fucking nobody.  The character isn't new, but it isn't beef yet, either.

SO...

+2 sword:  $10
Gain a level: n!*10, where n is your current level.
Hand AND eye of Vecna:  On special, $100.  Comes with a new campaign.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

POFP

Sigh. I'm not gonna sit here and try convince you over the internet that I have a very real, very physical life - one that is very close to nature and society. I appreciate that you feel the urge to "help" me with whatever you think is wrong with me, though. It's the thought that counts, I guess.

And on the topic of "Gold Farming" as it's called in the world of RuneScape: There was a massive community dedicated to taking advantage of those so sucked into the game that they spent real money on it. Me and my friend (and thousands of other people) used a macroing program to automate the completion of specific aspects of the game. We would then sell the rewards to Chinese gold-farming companies for real money. Paid well, until Fagex started banning all the bots. With the fall of the botting community, fell the rest of the RuneScape community. You could go outside, do whatever the fuck you want, and come back to millions of in-game gold a week later, ready to sell for hundreds of real dollars.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Pæs

Did you just use 'fag' as a slur in referring to the company "Jagex"?

:popcorn:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on April 01, 2014, 12:50:45 AM
Sigh. I'm not gonna sit here and try convince you over the internet that I have a very real, very physical life - one that is very close to nature and society. I appreciate that you feel the urge to "help" me with whatever you think is wrong with me, though. It's the thought that counts, I guess.

And on the topic of "Gold Farming" as it's called in the world of RuneScape: There was a massive community dedicated to taking advantage of those so sucked into the game that they spent real money on it. Me and my friend (and thousands of other people) used a macroing program to automate the completion of specific aspects of the game. We would then sell the rewards to Chinese gold-farming companies for real money. Paid well, until Fagex started banning all the bots. With the fall of the botting community, fell the rest of the RuneScape community. You could go outside, do whatever the fuck you want, and come back to millions of in-game gold a week later, ready to sell for hundreds of real dollars.

"Fagex"?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

POFP

Quote from: Pæs on April 01, 2014, 12:52:04 AM

To the retired botting community, they will forever be known as "Fagex."
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Pæs

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on April 01, 2014, 12:54:43 AM

So, that's a yes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Bots AND bigotry.  It's the whole package!

POFP

Quote from: Pæs on April 01, 2014, 12:56:03 AM

So, that's a yes.

Yes, why so ominous?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on April 01, 2014, 12:58:06 AM
Quote from: Pæs on April 01, 2014, 12:56:03 AM

So, that's a yes.

Yes, why so ominous?

Why not "Niggerex"?

POFP

The Good Reverend Roger

POFP

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 01, 2014, 01:02:26 AM
Spicex?

No, no, how about Wogex?

So, where are we going with this? I'm getting the feeling we're all about to call me a bigoted piece of shit. Why do I get that feeling?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on April 01, 2014, 01:07:54 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 01, 2014, 01:02:26 AM
Spicex?

No, no, how about Wogex?

So, where are we going with this? I'm getting the feeling we're all about to call me a bigoted piece of shit. Why do I get that feeling?

Because it happened 6 posts ago?   :lulz: