News:

PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

Congratulations Florida!

Started by Suu, April 21, 2010, 01:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I never knew that over-tanned skinny Republican fuck had it in him.

Charlie Crist is pretty much overriding NCLB and fixing things back to what they should be. See? NO MORE FCAT!

http://www.wftv.com/news/23217683/detail.html

This test ruined Florida's education system for 10 fucking years.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

So let me get this straight.
Crist signed a bill that says these kids are actually going to have to do WORK and LEARN math and science and take a regular end of year exam like EVERYWHERE ELSE, to get rid of the stupid fucking FCAT that teaches kids to be dumb and lazy, and they need to spend money to update their computers that's long overdue, and these people are.. are they pissed? confused? retarded?
I'm not sure here, I can't decipher the tone of the article.

Either way, FINALLY! Kids will be taught actual MATH AND SCIENCE and not just how to pass the fucking FCAT!!!!

Thurnez Isa

with the new textbooks coming from Texas, you may not WANT your kids to do science like everyone else
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

AFK

I gotta hand it to the guy.  He's pretty much falling on his sword.  Because of this, and taking stimulus money, he's pretty much going to be forced to run as an independent.  Marco Rubio is going to get the full force of the Tea Party/Freedomworks behind him and he'll probably win. 

Maybe he and Harry Reid can spend the next few years golfing together. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on April 22, 2010, 12:44:17 AM
So let me get this straight.
Crist signed a bill that says these kids are actually going to have to do WORK and LEARN math and science and take a regular end of year exam like EVERYWHERE ELSE, to get rid of the stupid fucking FCAT that teaches kids to be dumb and lazy, and they need to spend money to update their computers that's long overdue, and these people are.. are they pissed? confused? retarded?
I'm not sure here, I can't decipher the tone of the article.

Either way, FINALLY! Kids will be taught actual MATH AND SCIENCE and not just how to pass the fucking FCAT!!!!

Crist was always a really strong voice in Pinellas County when Jeb was the g-man. He wasn't a fan of all that testing bullshit, that's for sure, so it was only a matter of time before he got the balls enough to do this.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Suu

I had to take the FCAT as a guinea pig in 1998. I was like, "WTF is this shit?" None of us passed with anything greater than a C. I think that's when the state started to panic.

Unfortunately they panicked in the wrong way, because you don't throw tests with calculus and trig on it in the faces of 10th graders who haven't taken that level math yet.  :argh!:

Prior to that, we had to take the CTBS test every year til high school, and Florida Writes, which I think they merged with the FCAT, and the HSCT to graduate, which was a total fucking joke but I still knew idiots who didn't pass it.