News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

The painfully inevitable ACA discussion thread

Started by Cain, June 28, 2012, 11:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Ok, yeah, I know.

But honestly? I know PD holds the title of most jaded, cynical pessimists on the block, but part of Discordia is not settling for absolutes when it comes to judging things. There ARE positives to this, even if considered slight. I'm thinking of the garage mechanic who gets cancer, et al.

tyrannosaurus vex

You fuckers need to stop finding things in this law that you like. It's really spoiling my cynical mood right now.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 28, 2012, 11:21:36 PM
You also can't be denied for pre existing, nor can you be dropped when you get sick. Plus, ins cos have to use a percentage of profits towards preventative care.

We Holy Men™ refer to that as a "reach-around".
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 28, 2012, 11:21:36 PM
You also can't be denied for pre existing, nor can you be dropped when you get sick. Plus, ins cos have to use a percentage of profits towards preventative care.

And now we just need to get patients to SEEK preventative care. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on June 28, 2012, 01:32:26 PM
No matter how the Supreme Court rules today, Ann Romney's tap-dancing hobby horse will still get better health care than the majority of Americans and Ann will be able to write it off.

Her minions have been posting on facebook that the horse was THERAPETIC because she has some DISEASE and we're A BUNCH OF MEAN OLD POOPY HEADS for making fun of A WOMAN WITH A DISEASE.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 28, 2012, 11:28:34 PM
Ok, yeah, I know.

But honestly? I know PD holds the title of most jaded, cynical pessimists on the block, but part of Discordia is not settling for absolutes when it comes to judging things. There ARE positives to this, even if considered slight. I'm thinking of the garage mechanic who gets cancer, et al.

Well, I think most of those things are off set by the fact that subsidized healthcare means we will probably never get single payer healthcare.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Prince Glittersnatch III on June 29, 2012, 02:16:43 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 28, 2012, 11:28:34 PM
Ok, yeah, I know.

Well, I think most of those things are off set by the fact that subsidized healthcare means we will probably never get single payer healthcare.

I disagree.

My cynical eye sees the screeching and struggle as an indication that our society is changing. 
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on June 28, 2012, 08:01:22 PM
One interesting note:  The penalties for not obeying the individual mandate have been defined by the court as a "tax".  We now have punitive taxation.

Ho ho ho!  That'll NEVER come back to haunt us.

Nothing new. Stretches back at least to the New Deal. Prolly further.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool