News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

Election Night. Gimme My Fix.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 06, 2012, 04:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

The UK has gone down this route, and it's not pretty.

Cain

Wonkette gives us an update on CEOs throwing tantrums over Obama being re-elected:

QuotePapa John's Pizza

John Schnatter, founder of Papa John's pizza, is LIVID and he is NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE. You want his employees to have health care coverage? Well FINE, he'll GIVE them health care coverage but it will cost you do-gooder liberals ten cents more per pizza, does that make you HAPPY? Actually, it might make you happy. We at Wonkette have concluded that we will pay ten cents more per pizza if it will ensure that the person making it is able to see a doctor when he gets sick. And we wonder why this didn't happen sooner, if all it took was ten cents more per pizza to get employee health care coverage. Is that really all it costs? Ten cents per pizza? If so, then maybe the CEO of Papa John's should have done this a long time ago. But again, this attitude is why we are not the CEO of a multi-billion dollar pizza company.

Olive Garden / Red Lobster

The CEO of this company is a real ball buster, and he is NOT going to make YOU pay ten cents more for a plate of noodles, no way Jose. That is a solution for pussies. This CEO is just going to cut back on employees' hours so that they work 29 hours per week instead of 30, exempting them from health care coverage mandate. So the next time you go to Olive Garden or the Red Lobster, rest assured that your server is not going to have health care coverage. There, does that make you feel better?

Hurricane Grill and Wings, and also some Denny's and Dairy Queen Franchises

John Metz is nobody's fool, so John Metz, CEO and owner of Hurricane Grill and Wings as well as some Denny's and Dairy Queen franchises, is going to pass the cost of Obamacare onto the employees AND the customer. "If I leave the prices the same, but, say on the menu that there is a five-percent surcharge for Obamacare, customers have two choices. They can either pay it, and tip 15 or 20 percent, or if they really feel so inclined, they can reduce the amount of tip they give to the server, who is the primary beneficiary of Obamacare," Metz told The Huffington Post. Metz is a WINNER, you guys, and WINNERS do not pay for the health care coverage costs of others. They make you, the customer pay for it (SUCKER) and if you don't want to, then YOU get to be a winner and make the waitress pay for it.

Applebee's

Obamacare is going to cost Applebee's "some millions of dollars" according to CEO Zane Tankel. Will these "some millions of dollars" be an increase in costs per year? Per month? Per restaurant? We don't know, and it's not important. What IS important is that Applebee's will not be able to build more restaurants, or create more low-wage go-nowhere jobs, THANKS OBAMA. The solution to these costs is for the CEO to take a hit on his $9.6 million dollar per year salary lay off employees.

Mangrove

Ahh Papa John....you make billions of dollars a year and the Obamacare cost will only come to $8million which you could so easily afford. Oh, instead of giving away 2 million free pizzas as part of a celebrity endorsement, how about giving that money to your employees? No, wait...it's the $250 million class action lawsuit is what you're really worried about paying for.

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

The Good Reverend Roger

I enjoy reading these stories, because now I know where I will never, ever spend money again.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Elder Iptuous

right....
how do they think mixing politics in with their business with the public at large, when the public is partisan and evenly split could possibly be a good idea?
fucking idiots

hm.. have there been any reaction news stories about companies hiring irrationally due to confidence that obama was a brilliant choice?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's too bad, I used to like Dairy Queen. Oh well.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Well crap. I guess it's time to support local eateries (until they turn out to be assholes aswell)

THANKS A LOT OBAMA

AFK

Local eateries tend to have better pizza anyway.  Papa John's is crap. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 17, 2012, 05:19:39 PM
right....
how do they think mixing politics in with their business with the public at large, when the public is partisan and evenly split could possibly be a good idea?
fucking idiots

hm.. have there been any reaction news stories about companies hiring irrationally due to confidence that obama was a brilliant choice?

No, but job creation did increase in the months leading up to Obama's re-election, when it was abundantly clear Romney didn't stand a chance in hell of winning.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Suu on November 11, 2012, 03:48:40 PM
I just broke brains by showing the Lifeline Assistance Program was created by Reagan, not Obama.

Seriously, it stunned this Libertarian cunt into silence.

I use that to get ridof Libertarians on facebook. They send me a nasty PM, unfriend me and go right on posting about Obamaphones.  :lulz: :lulz:

QuoteLet's see - I showed you a video where people aren't getting ONE phone - they're getting SEVERAL. #oops

Then I mentioned people who maybe shouldn't be receiving entitlements and you say it's "racist" - why is that Stella? I didn't mention race, now did I? #oops

It just so happens that the people I know who abuse the system are white and as far as those at WalMart etc, could be white black or brown. But I'm a racist. Got it. Jim Crow and shit, right on.

You on the other hand are either a moron or a liar - I suspect both. Have fun with your like-minded buddies. Adios!

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: CAKE on November 11, 2012, 09:55:30 PM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on November 11, 2012, 09:34:00 PM
Yeah, now that it's been pointed out, this is totally messed up. 

But there's still a big part of my brainmeat that's like "TEACH THOSE RACIST MORONS A LESSON! YEAH!"  It seems like racism is coming back (or at least is less reviled), and I wouldn't begin to know where to start teaching people not to be ignorant jackasses without some form of tangible punishment, at least not in the US, that would work.

Another problem with that response is that punishing people for being racist just makes them more racist.

This.
It gives them "martyrs".

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 17, 2012, 07:49:26 PM

2 cups warm water
4-6 cups flour
salt
sugar
yeast...

Don Coyote

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on November 17, 2012, 09:15:22 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 17, 2012, 07:49:26 PM

2 cups warm water
4-6 cups flour
salt
sugar
yeast...

Home made pizza is best pizza ever.

Juana

It IS. Although my local chain is pretty fucking good, too.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2012, 04:22:56 PM
I enjoy reading these stories, because now I know where I will never, ever spend money again.
Ditto.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Bruno

It's been a while since I bought a Papa John's pizza, but the next time I do I will be sure to pay in dimes.  :lulz:
Formerly something else...