News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

BREAKING: Noisy chips bags more of a problem than overflowing landfills

Started by Cainad (dec.), October 06, 2010, 12:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

link courtesy of a friend: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101005/ap_on_bi_ge/us_noisy_sunchips_bag

QuoteNEW YORK – Frito-Lay hopes to quiet complaints about its noisy SunChips bags by switching out the biodegradable bags for the old packaging on most flavors.

The company is switching back to original packaging, which is made of a type of plastic, for five of the six varieties of the chips. It will keep the biodegradable bags for its sixth variety, its original plain flavor. That's its second best-selling, after Harvest Cheddar.

So, normally I'm pretty lax about the whole recycling-composting-SAVE-TEH-PLANET jazz, but this is just silly.

tyrannosaurus vex

I got a bag of those, and they really are ungodly loud. REALLY REALLY LOUD.

I liked it, but everybody around me though it was obnoxious.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Jasper

Noise pollution?  Really?

There is so much fucking noise in cities it amazes me how calm everyone looks.  And this is a big deal to them?

In portland, we have the MAX.  Which, at every point in it's journey, sounds like a noisily ailing bird.  And at each of the many stops it makes, loud bells blare out for longer than necessary.

And trains go through the city, making sure to honk irregularly so it's hard to ignore.

And did I mention the literally constant road work?

And noisy chip bags are an issue now.

Cain

Given how pretty much every packet of crips (chips) over here comes in plastic bags, I'd actually prefer a company who sold them in biodegradeable ones, especially if they were of comparable price.  And I wouldn't give a shit how noisy they are because I don't go around listening to crisp bags all day and besides, that's what iPods were invented for, to block out annoying 21st century inconvieniences with POWER METAL.

Bruno

They really are startlingly loud bags, but it's a silly reason to stop using biodegradable plastic.
Formerly something else...

AFK

Not as loud as most of the idiots who eat the chips.  Can we switch them out for quieter packaging too? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Elder Iptuous

i really want to hear one of the excessively loud bags now....
why don't they just make them out of waxed paper, or something?  surely there are more viable options besides dura-plastic and eardrum shattering ecowrapper...

Triple Zero

So you put the chips/crisps in a bowl?

Additional benefit is that the bag lasts longer and you don't eat as much as well, yet I found I get as much enjoyment out of two bowls (about half of a regular 200g* bag) as I'd get from eating the entire bag.

(as a kid I got just one, much smaller bowl, and I was damn happy with it, always :) )

(*200g=7oz)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

They really aren't any louder than those crinkle toys you give to babies or cats.  Of all the crap to complain about. 

Dysfunctional Cunt

There are those people that nothing will make them happy.  It's unfortunate that they are apparently loud enough to affect changes such as these. 

I actually liked the new bags, they were slightly louder than the normal bags, but in all honesty I never noticed that much of a difference.  I just liked that the bags were biodegradable and the chips a bit more healthy than your average boiled in oil chip.....

It was a nice combo while it lasted.....

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Cainad on October 06, 2010, 04:34:54 PM
Quote from: ☂ Kim Jong Fred ☂ on October 06, 2010, 04:32:46 PM
Sunchips are gross.

that is all i have to contribute  :lol:

Well, that's true too. :lol: Taste like cardboard.

Have y'all tried the garden salsa ones?  Those are actually good.  I agree on the rest of the flavors, but the kids will eat the hell out of them soooo...

Freeky

You know what I eat instead of chips? Croutons in Italian dressing.

AFK

Well, I just had some Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips with my Turkey and Swiss Sandwhich.  I enjoyed them.  And I enjoyed them LOUDLY!