PD.com: You're safer in New Bedford.

Main Menu

THE PROPITIATION OF ST GULIK

Started by 1Yacatismic1, August 07, 2007, 06:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discord

Quote from: Ratatosk on August 14, 2007, 04:30:36 PM
Quote from: LMNO on August 14, 2007, 04:24:00 PM
Pretty much the same reason I'm not a big fan of driving while drunk.

Well, I can understand that... though, in my experience the two chemicals don't act much the same at all. People drive under the influence of drugs all the time, from Caffeine and Nicotine to Tryptophan to Who Knows What sort of pep pills, anti-depressants, painkillers etc. I think THC is much less of a concern than quite a bit of the legal stuff.

Of course, that's not necessarily true if we're talking about one person sucking down three joints of Hydro Kind Bud, however it may be true for a single joint shared among a few people (as the OP mentioned).

A bullet in the head will kill you with a higher percentage but won't endanger others.

Pope Lecherous

Did we all forget what Jerry Mungo said?

--"have a drink, have drive, go out and see what you can find."

He has Gold records. GOLD

Remember that...
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

LMNO

Quick question, with all respect due...

Why the fuck should we care what Jerry Mungo says?

AFK

Seriously, if we're going by Gold status why not skip Mr. Mungo and go right to the Multi-Platinum Spice Girls?
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 22, 2007, 08:21:39 PM
Seriously, if we're going by Gold status why not skip Mr. Mungo and go right to the Multi-Platinum Spice Girls?

And we all know what they said...

IF YOU CAN'T DANCE
IF YOU CAN'T DANCE
IF YOU CAN'T DANCE TO THIS THEN YOU CAN'T DO NOTHIN' FOR ME BABY

-DC
Can't do nothin' for them :oops:
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Mangrove

Still with the theme of 'not caring' but...I thought the band was called 'Mungo Jerry'.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on August 22, 2007, 08:23:21 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 22, 2007, 08:21:39 PM

And we all know what they said...

IF YOU CAN'T DANCE
IF YOU CAN'T DANCE
IF YOU CAN'T DANCE TO THIS THEN YOU CAN'T DO NOTHIN' FOR ME BABY

-DC
Can't do nothin' for them :oops:

It's ok DC, you can do plenty for me... and you won't have to dance to bad music  :lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: Mangrove on August 22, 2007, 08:24:04 PM
Still with the theme of 'not caring' but...I thought the band was called 'Mungo Jerry'.

No you're wrong i care, and yes you're right it's Mungo Jerry.  While Mungo Jerry does have GOLD albums, DWI or DUI is/are not a good idea.  This Discordian (the OP) has referenced marijuana more than one time before, what do you think about what he wrote vs. driving while high/drunk/stoned?  That's kinda a diffrnt topic, ne?
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 14, 2007, 04:41:16 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on August 14, 2007, 04:30:36 PM
Quote from: LMNO on August 14, 2007, 04:24:00 PM
Pretty much the same reason I'm not a big fan of driving while drunk.

Well, I can understand that... though, in my experience the two chemicals don't act much the same at all. People drive under the influence of drugs all the time, from Caffeine and Nicotine to Tryptophan to Who Knows What sort of pep pills, anti-depressants, painkillers etc. I think THC is much less of a concern than quite a bit of the legal stuff.

Of course, that's not necessarily true if we're talking about one person sucking down three joints of Hydro Kind Bud, however it may be true for a single joint shared among a few people (as the OP mentioned).

Both can and do reduce reaction time.  Reduced reaction time can cause accidents.  They react same enough in my book to want to keep them out of automobiles. 

Though I don't think it's a brilliant idea to drive stoned, I'd like to see your evidence that pot reduces your reaction time.

According to studies in the UK, US, Australia and Holland, "reaction times to motorway hazards were not significantly affected [by smoking pot]."

Source
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

AFK

http://www.acde.org/common/Marijana.htm

QuoteEffects of smoking are generally felt within a few minutes and peak in 10 to 30 minutes. They include dry mouth and throat, increased heart rate, impaired coordination and balance, delayed reaction time, and diminished short-term memory. Moderate doses tend to induce a sense of well-being and a dreamy state of relaxation that encourages fantasies, renders some users highly suggestible, and distorts perception (making it dangerous to operate machinery, drive a car or boat, or ride a bicycle). Stronger doses prompt more intense and often disturbing reactions including paranoia and hallucinations.

The thing is, reactions are going to vary depending on the makeup of the pot.  Different dealers cut it with different things, add chemicals, etc.  There may be some varieties that don't produce these reactions, to these extremes, though, I would tend to think that the draw to marijuana for a lot of people IS these kinds of reactions. 

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 23, 2007, 01:06:39 PM
http://www.acde.org/common/Marijana.htm

QuoteEffects of smoking are generally felt within a few minutes and peak in 10 to 30 minutes. They include dry mouth and throat, increased heart rate, impaired coordination and balance, delayed reaction time, and diminished short-term memory. Moderate doses tend to induce a sense of well-being and a dreamy state of relaxation that encourages fantasies, renders some users highly suggestible, and distorts perception (making it dangerous to operate machinery, drive a car or boat, or ride a bicycle). Stronger doses prompt more intense and often disturbing reactions including paranoia and hallucinations.

The thing is, reactions are going to vary depending on the makeup of the pot.  Different dealers cut it with different things, add chemicals, etc.  There may be some varieties that don't produce these reactions, to these extremes, though, I would tend to think that the draw to marijuana for a lot of people IS these kinds of reactions. 

I would agree with that.

Also, RWHN makes a really good point about what they cut it with. I smoked with some friends many years back and when we were walking away from where we had smoked, down to the diner to get some munchies, my whole body basically shut down. I could give an involved narrative of the colors and freaky sensations, but... Point remains that, whatever that shit was cut with, I'm glad I wasn't behind the wheel of a car when I basically completely shut down and did a giant faceplant onto the sidewalk. :lol:

-DC
Finds the entire incident hilarious in hindsight, but was a little scared at the time

AFK

And honestly, at least the data I've seen, most people who regularly use marijuana aren't using it alone.  Hell, most illicit drugs that are used are used in combination with something else, usually alcohol.  So, from a practical standpoint, it probably really isn't too enlightening anymore to study the sole effects of one chemical on a body.  It's interesting, but in the real world it doesn't work that way. 

Oh, and I am solely speaking with my professional hat on here.  Please not to be labelling me the board NARC.  I don't give a fuck what people do in their personal lives.  Just those that I get paid to care about, which is Maine adolescents. 

LMNO

Yes, the youth of Maine shouldn't be abusing drugs, they should be giving random blowjobs to classmates, like normal children.

LMNO
-kinda wishes he went to Milton Academy.

Darth Cupcake

LMNO is right.

I mean, is there any problem that can't be solved with some oral sex?!

LMNO