News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

Unlimited How Not to Be a Fat Fucky Bastard thread: now 100% more fat free

Started by Doktor Howl, April 16, 2010, 06:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Yeah, what I eat if I do snack is mandarins, and I go out of 20 minutes for lunch, but I need to be going out for at least another half hour in the evening.

My diet hasn't really changed (if anything it's improved because I cook instead of getting takeaway twice a week). But I used to walk  to and from work which was an hour and a half of walking a day.

As for working from home, it was amazing for the first six months, but it's been a bit cabin fever for the last while.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on June 09, 2015, 03:39:15 PM
Yeah, what I eat if I do snack is mandarins, and I go out of 20 minutes for lunch, but I need to be going out for at least another half hour in the evening.

My diet hasn't really changed (if anything it's improved because I cook instead of getting takeaway twice a week). But I used to walk  to and from work which was an hour and a half of walking a day.

As for working from home, it was amazing for the first six months, but it's been a bit cabin fever for the last while.

I remember that. It was also when my forum addiction reached its height, because I desperately needed other people to talk to.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Problem: since I moved, there's a Chipotle I can easily access on my way home from work.

(Hopeful) Solution: I still get about 1 to 1.5 hours of vigorous exercise twice a week. Not sure what the calorie exchange is but I guess I'll find out in the next few weeks.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Went for a 4 mile run yesterday, and it felt GREAT. I am finally at a point where the limiting factor is my muscle tone, not my heart and lung capacity. Ended up going to a Zac Brown concert (YES REALLY) with Charley, and by the end of the day I put in 7+ miles plus dancing.

For the next three weeks I'm teaching up at a middle school about two miles from home, so my plan is to walk to it to maintain my current momentum. After that, it's back to AM and weekend runs until Peru, and after that I have 8 am classes so I'll figure something out. Maybe after-class swimming, maybe evening runs.

I'm holding steady at 155, my plan is to be at 145 at the end of this month and 140 by the time I leave for my trip. It's a little aggressive but well within the bounds of reason.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Falling in love has done wonders for my waistline, because who gives a fuck about food? :lol:

Meunster

Ever since getting a job at sonic where they throw out like 3 meals a day, and the only no calorie drink is coffee.
Plus it's hard as fuck to find time to go to the gym when working.

But I'm still at 170, down from my old 210.
Poe's law ;)

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

I think this is the appropriate thread to post my brags about having an actual saddle sore.

HEY PD! I'VE GOT A SADDLE SORE!

Truthfully, it can mainly be attributed to riding commando in Portland wet, but still...I've been doing enough of that to have an issue with sitting.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on June 09, 2015, 04:39:57 PM
Problem: since I moved, there's a Chipotle I can easily access on my way home from work.

(Hopeful) Solution: I still get about 1 to 1.5 hours of vigorous exercise twice a week. Not sure what the calorie exchange is but I guess I'll find out in the next few weeks.

Research results: the calorie balance means fuck all when you get a severe case of hyperthyroidism and your body becomes a nuclear furnace that vaporizes everything you put into it.

At the time of this post, I weighed about 165 lbs (88.2 litres). A year later, I weighed about 138. Now, nearly two years later, I weigh 192 and have the biggest ass and thighs of my life.

LMNO

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on May 18, 2017, 11:35:55 PM

Research results: the calorie balance means fuck all when you get a severe case of hyperthyroidism and your body becomes a nuclear furnace that vaporizes everything you put into it.

At the time of this post, I weighed about 165 lbs (88.2 litres). A year later, I weighed about 138. Now, nearly two years later, I weigh 192 and have the biggest ass and thighs of my life.

So, silver linings then?

LMNO
-Likes that kind of stuff.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: LMNO on May 19, 2017, 01:25:55 PM
Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on May 18, 2017, 11:35:55 PM

So, silver linings then?

LMNO
-Likes that kind of stuff.

I'm coming to terms with it. My gut's a little bigger too, but I think most of the extra mass in all areas is muscular. Maybe 50/50 muscle/fat gains? It's not how I'm used to perceiving my body, since I've been a Skinny White Boy for the 25 years prior to this one.

The biggest annoyance is needing new pants. Luckily, Levi's has an "athletic" cut which is specifically roomy in the butt and thighs, so I can sit down without feeling like my pelvis is being compressed to a diamond.

Martial Arts: it'll give you the thickness.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on May 20, 2017, 01:24:04 AM
It's not how I'm used to perceiving my body, since I've been a Skinny White Boy for the 25 years prior to this one.

Welcome to not being a kid anymore.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 20, 2017, 04:52:45 AM
It's not how I'm used to perceiving my body, since I've been a Skinny White Boy for the 25 years prior to this one.

I woulda kept on with it for a while longer if my glands hadn't tried to kill me  :argh!:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on May 20, 2017, 05:47:02 AM

I woulda kept on with it for a while longer if my glands hadn't tried to kill me  :argh!:

You aren't a kid anymore the first time one of your organs, etc, betrays you.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 20, 2017, 06:01:00 AM

Fittingly, this moment for me was ass polyps.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 20, 2017, 02:04:02 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 20, 2017, 06:01:00 AM

Fittingly, this moment for me was ass polyps.

For me it was heart, brain, then pancreas.  They are all TRAITORS and I plan on having them removed as soon as is practical.