News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

I don't know where the random links thread is

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 10, 2011, 06:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on September 26, 2013, 07:04:44 PM
Anybody know WTF this means? Apparently "nigel" now refers to shitty things heterosexual feminists do?

http://frootloopnoob.tumblr.com/post/62263300004/dear-straight-feminists

I'M LOOKING AT YOU, NIGEL

:trolling:

I didn't do it. It was like that when I found it, and I've never heard of it anyway.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sad Sack on September 24, 2013, 04:27:14 AM
I can't put this in the Literate Chaotic forum, because I can't in good conscience recommend the book: http://www.amazon.com/Terrapin-Captain-Megaloman-Trusty-Sidekick/dp/0963433229/ref=cm_rdp_product

(you'll know the review when you see it)

:lulz: That is an awesome review.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Pæs

"Not My Nigel" is also used when people describe blatantly misogynistic or problematic behaviours their partners are guilty of and then follow it with some kind of "But he doesn't mean anything by it. He's not, like, a sexist or anything. Not my Nigel."

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Cain on September 26, 2013, 07:09:33 PM
Apparently, it's short for "not my Nigel", which "is shorthand for a common defensive reaction of many women to feminist observations and explanations of widespread sexist activity and sexist motivations, which is that while certainly some other men are oppressively sexist, their particular partners/sons/fathers/brothers couldn't possibly be part of the problem."

It's SRS.  No joking on the internet plz.  Especially by straight women.

actually I used that phrase in the reddit rapist thread a year ago.

Every time I see it in a context of a blog post on the feminist intarwubs I CAN'T HELP BUT THINK OF HOW NIGEL WOULD NIGEL  THE NOT MY NIGEL CROWD WITH TROOF HAMMERZ
Quote from: Pæs on September 27, 2013, 02:39:30 AM
"Not My Nigel" is also used when people describe blatantly misogynistic or problematic behaviours their partners are guilty of and then follow it with some kind of "But he doesn't mean anything by it. He's not, like, a sexist or anything. Not my Nigel."

Yup

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I approve of the message that sexism should not be so easily overlooked or dismissed, but disapprove of my perfectly good name being abused in this manner.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I suggest it be replaced with "Not my Romeo Rose".

Who is totally also not a racist.

Pæs

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Anna Mae Bollocks

This guy apparently just travels around the country and takes pictures of abandoned towns and buildings. A flickr album of the "Oh Fuck I Don't Think We're Gonna Make It, Hope We Get Out Alive" America.

I approve.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cityofdust/with/8279060501/
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wut

http://mcdonalds-talk.livejournal.com/158400.html

QuoteOkay... today i'm going to give you a recipe you all should try that makes for delicious break food! I feel like Marta fucking Stewart right now!

anywho... take a 8' flour tortia shell that we use for the breakfast burritos. put it in the filet stemmer and press "go"!

Put the stemmed tortia shell on a double cheeseburger wrap. Add on Ranch Sauce, and shredded lettuce, and you can even cut up some tomatoes and put those on there.

take a piece of spicy chicken breast and cut it into small slices and add to the tortia shell. and wrap it up, and enjoy!

Try it and tell me what you think!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel