Main Menu

I quit smoking today

Started by EK WAFFLR, February 01, 2013, 02:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Quote from: Pergamos on February 01, 2013, 11:29:40 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 01, 2013, 11:18:15 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on February 01, 2013, 11:15:19 PM
I can understand them being illegal.  e-cigs are like the tobacco equivalent of hashish.  I'm not in favor of them being illegal, but I can see why legislators might choose to make that decision.

In what way are they "like the tobacco equivalent of hashish"?  :?

They're a device that you use to vaporize the distilled essence of tobacco.  I guess more of a hashpipe than hash itself.

:um:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I can understand them being illegal.  e-cigs are like the tobacco equivalent of hashish.  I'm not in favor of them being illegal, but I can see why legislators might choose to make that decision.

They're a device that you use to vaporize the distilled essence of tobacco.  I guess more of a hashpipe than hash itself.

Yeah. I got nothing.

:facepalm:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: /b/earman on February 01, 2013, 10:35:58 PM
I'll see if I find anything.  It was a friend of mine who used the E-Cig with little nicotine patches inside them he and his father used them  ,but then suddenly stopped because people were dying from them due to leakage. I haven't spoken to him in years.

They are known to leak. The only thing I found was a study by UC Riverside, referenced here:

http://newsroom.ucr.edu/2506

I can sum that article up in one sentence, which is "they often leak and we don't know if that might be dangerous". Absolutely nothing about anyone dying anywhere to be found.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Congratulations, /B/earman, you've just had your first Nigeling.

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Anna Mae Bollocks

It was a clean Nigeling, with a scalpel.

Sometimes she uses a rusty blade and it goes for days:lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

I just involuntarily punched myself in the junk.

I hope you're fucking happy.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Salty

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 02, 2013, 06:10:26 AM

I lol'd and felt a little bad about it.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on February 02, 2013, 06:12:20 AM

I lol'd and felt a little bad about it.

Seriously.

Orthapedic underwear, here.

Pergamos

I think I'm proud.  I don't know if happy is the right word though.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Pergamos on February 02, 2013, 06:56:38 AM

I think the right word is stupid. As in "I said something pance shittingly dumb".
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Don Coyote

Quote from: Waffles, Viking Princess of Northern Belgium on February 02, 2013, 04:54:11 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on February 02, 2013, 06:56:38 AM

I think the right word is stupid. As in "I said something pance shittingly dumb".

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 02, 2013, 01:54:46 AM
Congratulations, /B/earman, you've just had your first Nigeling.

Nigeling = Nigel raping ?

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 02, 2013, 01:40:10 AM
Quote from: /b/earman on February 01, 2013, 10:35:58 PM
I'll see if I find anything.  It was a friend of mine who used the E-Cig with little nicotine patches inside them he and his father used them  ,but then suddenly stopped because people were dying from them due to leakage. I haven't spoken to him in years.

They are known to leak. The only thing I found was a study by UC Riverside, referenced here:

http://newsroom.ucr.edu/2506

I can sum that article up in one sentence, which is "they often leak and we don't know if that might be dangerous". Absolutely nothing about anyone dying anywhere to be found.

I'm guessing they must have been scared by some random article like this on TV.
http://www.gizmag.com/study-finds-electronic-cigarettes-pose-health-risk/17206/