News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

Roger/Waffle pointlessly pushing iron up in the air thread (warning: geekery)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 26, 2014, 08:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 26, 2014, 08:53:25 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2014, 08:48:53 PM
The nice thing about the gym I attend is that even though it's a privately-run club, there is no pressure to compete.  Lots of pressure to shove heavy things into the air, but you don't get the feeling you're letting the side down by not going to competitions.  There is also a distinct lack of disdain for the noobs.

It's a good feeling, right?
It's the same at my gym. Nobody pressured me into competing, but my trainer said I had the potential to become very good, which is nice, i so I decided why the hell not.

Also, getting help and tips from the old guys who've been lifting heavy shit since the sixties/seventies is fucking awesome.

Oh, yeah.  It feels great.  And my principle problem with competing is that I've never been competitive at these sorts of things, but also because I already travel too much, and even a trip to Vegas (which is the nearest big competition) is too far if I don't have to go.  Thing is, the American Southwest is BIG and EMPTY, in a way that is hard to describe even to American East-coasters, and as a result it takes HOURS to get to any other cities.  And Tucson doesn't really have any competitions as far as I know.  Our city's principle sport is getting twisted on very dangerous drugs, you see.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2014, 08:55:02 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 26, 2014, 08:50:42 PM
Roger I'd been hearing that a glass of chocolate milk after workouts is one of the best things you can do, and I can attest to feeling revitalized after having it myself. It'll help with the protein.

I'll definitely give that a try.

QuoteI've come to love the soreness. I've noticed significant gain in the two months I've been at it, as well as in my appearance.

There hasn't been time for appearance yet, but I don't feel like a lop of shit anymore.  And the soreness?  Yeah, a combination of dopamine and a feeling of accomplishment from having lifted heavy things up and put them down again.

QuoteYou two have very different body types than my own, though. I keep seeing a sign for a free body fat percentage estimate at the gym and I want to take them up on it just to fuck with them.   :lulz:

:crankey:

:lulz: I couldn't make it through Waffles' first bench set but damned if I didn't walk around at 7% when I was terribly out of shape.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 26, 2014, 09:04:55 PM
I'll have to echo Roger's :crankey:

Waffles,
BF at around 20%

I'll be happy when I reach 20%.  This "sitting on your arse at a desk all day" thing has fucked me up.  I'm not a blob, but neither am I healthy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 26, 2014, 09:02:54 PM
:lulz: I couldn't make it through Waffles' first bench set but damned if I didn't walk around at 7% when I was terribly out of shape.

I haven't seen 7% since I was 17.

And if I tried at this point to do Waffle's workout, I would come right apart at the seams.  Guts everywhere.

EK WAFFLR

I'm terribly torn between wanting to lean out and becoming stronger.
I can do both, but I'm not terribly sure I have the stamina for the diet and conditioning work I have to do to accomplish that.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2014, 09:06:10 PM

Waffles,
BF at around 20%

I'll be happy when I reach 20%.  This "sitting on your arse at a desk all day" thing has fucked me up.  I'm not a blob, but neither am I healthy.

I never really had a desk job, but I've spent far too long on me arse. I really do wonder if I had taken up any sort of physical activity now if my back hadn't busted.

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 26, 2014, 09:09:30 PM
I can do both, but I'm not terribly sure I have the stamina for the diet and conditioning work I have to do to accomplish that.

Waffles,
BF at around 20%

I never really had a desk job, but I've spent far too long on me arse. I really do wonder if I had taken up any sort of physical activity now if my back hadn't busted.

I'm very into this, though outside of this sort of thread I won't talk about it much (my brother has been a powerlifter for years and he NEVER SHUTS UP ABOUT IT).  But I do plan to take this to the wall, with respect to lean & strength.

It's easy.  All I have to do is force myself to say to Gary, when I arrive at the gym, "You can't smoke this".   :lulz:

Then the horrible begins.

EK WAFFLR

It's an easy thing to forget to shut up about. I feel like it's all I'm doing. When i see old friends and they ask what i'm up to, my go-to response is "liftin' shit."

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 26, 2014, 09:24:14 PM
It's an easy thing to forget to shut up about. I feel like it's all I'm doing. When i see old friends and they ask what i'm up to, my go-to response is "liftin' shit."

Yeah, but you have other interests, as do I.  Nor are you utterly self-absorbed.  My brother, though...

...He's why people hate lifters.  Seriously, I avoided this for 2 years because I was so put off by that shit.

Ben Shapiro

Cardio 3 nights a week for 1 hr on max resistance and max incline. I rarely do weights anymore I'm enjoying the runner's high. I eat the most one to two servings of white meat a week. Most of my protein is from beans, soy, egg beaters, and wild rices, and grains.

Kept the weight I lost last year off and I'm waiting for my next dosage of thyroid to help me lose even more. Don't miss red meat one bit. Working on finding more foods that give me meat flavor.

I occasionally lift and post videos on facebook showing everyone I still got my bear strength, and I don't even lift.

When I get down to 300lb even I guess I'll start getting cut. I'm currently eating 1500 calories on weekdays and 1800 on weekends. Helps me from cheating.

Ben Shapiro

Look into milk and soy protein powders Roger. They're easier to mix, and tend to taste less like shit. I despise Whey even that high filtered crap is terrible.

A cheap easy soy burger receipe is mix egg beaters, chopped onions, soy flour , salt,black pepper, and a pinch of basil then mold them into burger then fry them in light oil, or you can buy some of those frozen black bean burgers from Sams Club they taste like chili.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 26, 2014, 09:09:30 PM

Waffles,
BF at around 20%

Once you get lean, or cut you have to eat non-shitty food which becomes BORING. Once you start slacking, good meals and missing sessions you'll undo months of progression in a 4-5 weeks.

I'd suggest just get bear strong. Something about knowing you can crush someone's head in with your hands brings all the girls to the yard.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triggered word /b/ear on August 26, 2014, 09:39:49 PM

Kept the weight I lost last year off and I'm waiting for my next dosage of thyroid to help me lose even more. Don't miss red meat one bit. Working on finding more foods that give me meat flavor.

I've found a few, if you want them.  HEB will have them.