News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Roger/Waffle pointlessly pushing iron up in the air thread (warning: geekery)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 26, 2014, 08:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 28, 2014, 04:02:52 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 28, 2014, 02:12:57 PM
Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 28, 2014, 09:26:25 AM
Also, not sure I get the "you can't smoke this" thing.  :?

"You lack the ability to make us hurt."  <--- shit talking.  Signals the trainer that you are dumb.

Herpaderpa. I must be having the dumbs today.

I sure as fuck had the dumbs yesterday.   :lulz:  It takes me 30 seconds to get out of my chair.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 28, 2014, 04:04:02 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on August 28, 2014, 10:26:30 AM
Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 28, 2014, 09:22:35 AM
I'm taking the GF to a crossfire gym that recently opened nearby. I'm not sure what I feel about crossfit.

Heard some really bad rumours regarding overtraining damage :eek:

From what I've seen there's a lot of half-assery in terms of proper form in crossfit. But this particular CF gym is run by a dude that used to do Oly lifting at my club. He should know what the fuck he's doing.

I feel that 2 days off during the week is CHEATING, but I got a lecture about overtraining.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

EK WAFFLR

I try to do some conditioning work on my off days, but I'm still way too lazy.

Still. Dropped 22lbs since december.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 28, 2014, 04:04:10 PM

"You lack the ability to make us hurt."  <--- shit talking.  Signals the trainer that you are dumb.

I sure as fuck had the dumbs yesterday.   :lulz:  It takes me 30 seconds to get out of my chair.

Do you forget how to stand up? I sometimes do.  :lulz:
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 28, 2014, 04:45:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 28, 2014, 04:04:10 PM

Do you forget how to stand up? I sometimes do.  :lulz:

This morning I had to roll out of bed.   :lulz:

EK WAFFLR

:lulz:

I'm gonna have to do that on Tuesday. Monday is heavy squat day. 2x2 reps at 90% of 1RM.

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 29, 2014, 06:07:12 PM
:lulz:

I'm gonna have to do that on Tuesday. Monday is heavy squat day. 2x2 reps at 90% of 1RM.

Still not right.

EK WAFFLR

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 29, 2014, 07:36:36 PM
?

Correction:

I am still not right.  I'm able to walk without looking like I have a pickle in my arse, but I cannot yet manage stairs without difficulty, and I get into and out of a car like a tertiary syphilis victim.

EK WAFFLR

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 29, 2014, 08:55:02 PM
Ahhh. I'm seriously off my game these days. Sorry 'bout that.

Naw.  Your English is so good, I keep forgetting it's not your first language, so I don't worry about slang.

EK WAFFLR

Good to hear.

Fucked up my lower back when sitting up from lateral raises today. Pain. Ouch.

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 29, 2014, 10:03:51 PM
Good to hear.

Gary has told me Sunday instead of today, because if I do shit right now, I'm gonna get hurt.  So my schedule is now dildos.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 29, 2014, 10:31:38 PM
Good to hear.

Gary has told me Sunday instead of today, because if I do shit right now, I'm gonna get hurt.  So my schedule is now dildos.

How does  your schedule look? And dildos is a good thing, right?

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on September 01, 2014, 03:18:01 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 29, 2014, 10:31:38 PM
Good to hear.

How does  your schedule look? And dildos is a good thing, right?

Going to the gym in about 20 minutes.  Gary and I have agreed that Friday is lower body day from now on.