PD.com - you don't even believe in nihilism anymore

Main Menu

The Weird West, or A Tale of Morality in an Immoral World

Started by Doktor Howl, March 17, 2015, 04:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on March 27, 2015, 06:23:58 PM
The wiley bastard pulled it off, I see.   :lulz:

Like I said on the phone, if there's 4 lawmen chasing you, make sure there's only 3 prostitutes.  Lets you pick one guy off.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

I'll bet the Undertaker just hates getting work without his "sport". Something tells me he'll be busy as hell by the end of this.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Excellent work. I'm looking forward to the next installment.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 27, 2015, 07:42:03 PM
I'll bet the Undertaker just hates getting work without his "sport". Something tells me he'll be busy as hell by the end of this.

We are by no means done with the Undertaker.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: N E T on March 28, 2015, 04:28:40 AM
Excellent work. I'm looking forward to the next installment.

Thanks.  I'll put work into it Monday.
Molon Lube

Chelagoras The Boulder

really enjoying this, especially the hints of Dark Tower i'm picking up. Delicious!
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on March 28, 2015, 05:23:38 AM
really enjoying this, especially the hints of Dark Tower i'm picking up. Delicious!

I was deliberately trying to avoid that.  I'm gonna have to change a phrase or two, because I can see what you're talking about.
Molon Lube

Chelagoras The Boulder

you don't like the Dark Tower? Or you just don't want to be derivative?
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on March 28, 2015, 10:37:43 PM

I love the Dark Tower.  I'm just trying to tell my own story.
Molon Lube

Chelagoras The Boulder

Doktor Howl

I'm having trouble getting more than 5 uninterrupted minutes to myself, so this may not be a thing until tomorrow or Wednesday.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 29, 2015, 07:17:41 AM
Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on March 28, 2015, 10:37:43 PM

I love the Dark Tower.  I'm just trying to tell my own story.

I've not read the whole DT series by far, but I remember the intro to The Gunslinger and was struck by a related vibe when I started reading this. I noted to myself that you had produced a haunting western feel with FAR less of the intricate description King used, as I recall it anyway.

In essence I think you've done much more storytelling with fewer words and have neatly succeeded in telling something very unique here.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

All I can say is that this was worth coming home for. This is fucking good, Roger.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 31, 2015, 04:36:58 AM
All I can say is that this was worth coming home for. This is fucking good, Roger.

Thanks.  More today.
Molon Lube