News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

Had first rehearsal with new band today. BRAK. Improvised blackmetal. Fun times.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Don Coyote

Hrm. Reenlist and get my stripes, or finally leave the army knowing they won't be able to snatch me back. Maybe I'll finally become real people.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Don Coyote on April 28, 2015, 12:59:23 AM
Hrm. Reenlist and get my stripes, or finally leave the army knowing they won't be able to snatch me back. Maybe I'll finally become real people.

That is a sign of an abusive relationship.
RUN!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Q. G. Pennyworth

Cleaned all the kitchen yesterday. Husband actually took point, which is why so much got done, because I suck at cleaning SO MUCH. But lots of work was done by all and now surfaces are clean and stuff.

Currently shopping around for people to feed waffles to.

Bruno

For some reason, I woke up this morning with the idea in my head that I was going into the business of making and selling lawn darts, except that I would sell them as lawn decorations, with a very stern disclaimer against throwing them. I think the plan was to sell them at flea markets.

Having been awake now for a full 15 minutes, I still cannot tell if this idea is brilliant or stupid. No online research has yet to be done.
Formerly something else...

President Television

I'm thinking of quitting my job, for the reasons outlined above. One of my coworkers last December said to call them if I was looking for work, and that maybe they could get me a job at another garden centre, so I do have another option. Being treated like human garbage on a daily basis is bad enough, but I got called in to work today when I'd said ahead of time that I had an appointment, and I had to fight to keep the day off. I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna get any day off this month without a fight, and I had extracted a promise from my boss before the shit hit the fan that I would get some time off, so fuck it.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 28, 2015, 02:06:33 PM
Cleaned all the kitchen yesterday. Husband actually took point, which is why so much got done, because I suck at cleaning SO MUCH. But lots of work was done by all and now surfaces are clean and stuff.

Currently shopping around for people to feed waffles to.

:eek: DON'T KILL WAFFLES!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 29, 2015, 01:19:50 AM
More pills here.

Getting old is balls.

:sad:

Yes. It's kind of crap. And yet also kind of hilarious for reasons I cannot define or articulate.

EVERYTHING HURTS AND I'M GRADUALLY DYING AHAHAHAHAHA
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Demolition Squid

Woke up this morning stuffy, sore throat, losing voice, mild headache.

Fuck you sickness, I'm going camping this weekend, I don't have time for this shit! I'll beat you with ORANGE JUICE!  :argh!:
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Reginald Ret

My job-description has been inaccurate since I requested and received transfer to a different job at the end of last year.
The same job description is on my contract and that made me uneasy.
I am an IT and logistics intermediary at the moment, but once the new system is mostly integrated that position won't exist anymore. Then again, officially it doesn't exist now.

Today I spent some time looking into various jobs and tasks needed in logistics to find out what I'm actually doing here.

I've proposed to my manager that we need a Workflow Analyst, I explained why we need one using recent examples that I know annoyed him.
I also took the time to explain why I would be a good choice for that position.

So here's hoping for a less uncertain future!
Perhaps I can get a raise out of this as well, Workflow analysts make about double what I make now, so I should be able to get something out of this.

ETA: Damn, he said he just hired someone for a similar position.  :argh!:
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 29, 2015, 06:45:46 AM
More pills here.

Getting old is balls.

Yes. It's kind of crap. And yet also kind of hilarious for reasons I cannot define or articulate.

Back on Ambien.  Only they call it something different now, because people paid attention to the side effects of Ambien, which is a happy name which should have no side effects other than the shitting of joy all over the immediate vicinity.  I've seen the commercials, people are almost as happy as they are in the commercials for getting your dick hard.  But it doesn't make you happy, no.  It makes you not CARE, which - despite certain superficial similarities - is a different ballgame altogether.
Molon Lube

minuspace

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 29, 2015, 03:22:00 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 29, 2015, 06:45:46 AM
More pills here.

Getting old is balls.

Back on Ambien.  Only they call it something different now, because people paid attention to the side effects of Ambien, which is a happy name which should have no side effects other than the shitting of joy all over the immediate vicinity.  I've seen the commercials, people are almost as happy as they are in the commercials for getting your dick hard.  But it doesn't make you happy, no.  It makes you not CARE, which - despite certain superficial similarities - is a different ballgame altogether.
HAARD DICKS DOCK TIC

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 29, 2015, 04:11:45 PM
A Roger who doesn't care is a dangerous Roger.

Everybody wants love and validation.  Except Roger.  He doesn't give a fuck.
Molon Lube