News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

Goodnight Sweet Prince

Started by hooplala, June 11, 2015, 02:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Sir Christopher Lee, actor, secret agent, opera and metal singer, descendant of Charlemagne... has died at 93. Not a bad run, but I was starting to think he might live forever.

RIP
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Rev Thwack

It's not often you see someone in their 80s-90s s singing metal. The man was a beast
My balls itch...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

He did a kick-ass job at living.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

axod

Godspeed Soaring With The Angels.
just this

Chelagoras The Boulder

May flights of demons metalscream him to his rest.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

MMIX

Tumblr:- Not always terrible

QuoteSince we all knew that Death was too scared of Christopher Lee for Lee to ever actually die, the consensus on Twitter is that Death is actually stepping down and Sir Christopher is assuming the post.
Congratulations on your promotion, Sir Christopher. An excellent capstone to a life well-lived.

QuoteWe have to understand that no matter what we do with our lives we will never be as awesome as Christopher Lee is.
I will never get over how he corrected Peter Jackson on the proper sound a man makes when he's been stabbed in the back because he actually worked in the British clandestine services.

Or how he volunteered to fight in one of the most brutal fronts of WWII (the Finnish-Russian Winter War).

Or how he was fucking NAZI HUNTER.

Basically, Christopher Lee is the real Most Interesting Man in the world and I honestly don't know why we tell Chuck Norris jokes

And then I see him rambling on about how Saruman and Gandalf are actually Istari, which are one of the Maia in the LotR commentaries and I realize he literally cannot become more awesome.
Oh can't he?

#Christopher Lee wrote a Metal Opera about Charlemagne #all opinions are irrelevant

GOD HE'S HARDCORE AS FUCK
He's also played Dracula like 5 billion times and in the first one he refused to use the terrible dialogue and wasn't fired.

He was also bros with Vincent Price and Peter Cushing, but unlike them was able to get away from the horror genre and forged a well-rounded career.

He can speak 8 languages and will sometimes do his own dubbing for foreign versions of his films.

His family carries the coat of arms of the Holy Roman Empire.

He was related to John Lee, Robert E. Lee, and Ian Fleming.

He really was the most interesting man in the world.

do you ever just cry because christopher lee

This is why I can't have nice things... because Christopher Lee has them all already.
reblogging today because we have lost the Most Interesting Man In the World

we will not see his kind again
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

zarathud the junger

He WAS Dracula. Although 'The Devil Rides Out' is my favourite- direct references to the Golden Dawn, Aliester Crowley, and some beautifully low-budget 60s special effects & costumes>

MMIX

And also a fond farewell to John Steed of the Avengers the ever delightful Patrick Macnee -
scraped from his imdb entry :-
QuoteWas expelled from Eton for bookmaking.
With Christopher Lee's death, he is the last surviving cast member of Hamlet (1948).

sadly that didn't last long
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

hooplala

Quote from: MMIX on June 25, 2015, 07:37:36 PM
And also a fond farewell to John Steed of the Avengers the ever delightful Patrick Macnee -
scraped from his imdb entry :-
QuoteWas expelled from Eton for bookmaking.
With Christopher Lee's death, he is the last surviving cast member of Hamlet (1948).

sadly that didn't last long

I heard Yorick is still lazing around somewhere.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman