News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

HAY THE JOHNNY

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, June 24, 2015, 03:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It turns out that on September 8th, I will be in Mexico City overnight; my plane comes in in the early afternoon and I fly out the next morning at 7 am. It seems like it would be a shame to be there and not try to meet up with you! I also wondered if you could recommend a safe but cheap place to stay?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Johnny

One day apperance? I'm sure I can make it, it would be interesting, although currently I live in Querétaro, which is quite close. The city is a huge monster, but I lived there for 7 years, so I know some stuff about it if you need to know anything.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Johnny on June 24, 2015, 04:20:21 AM

One day apperance? I'm sure I can make it, it would be interesting, although currently I live in Querétaro, which is quite close. The city is a huge monster, but I lived there for 7 years, so I know some stuff about it if you need to know anything.

Awesome, it would be rad if we could hang out! Tips on what to do and where to go (especially given that my Spanish is minimal) would be fab.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Johnny

Depends on the zone that you will traverse thru, like, the city is not huge in terms of kilometrical size, but it is in terms of density of things, places and people; traffic and trasportation can become an issue, for example, travelling from southmost to northernmost usually takes 2 and a half hours because one needs to mix buses with metro and vans to get thru, while travelling from westmost to easternmost takes only 30-40 minutes because one only need to use the metro.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Johnny on June 25, 2015, 01:10:39 AM

Depends on the zone that you will traverse thru, like, the city is not huge in terms of kilometrical size, but it is in terms of density of things, places and people; traffic and trasportation can become an issue, for example, travelling from southmost to northernmost usually takes 2 and a half hours because one needs to mix buses with metro and vans to get thru, while travelling from westmost to easternmost takes only 30-40 minutes because one only need to use the metro.

I'll be coming from the airport; I can't really tell what to expect of the area from maps. I need to do some reading!

Doktor Howl

STAY OUTTA THE DAMN VOLCANO.
Molon Lube

Cain

Go drinking with the Jalisco New Generation.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 25, 2015, 03:13:20 AM
Go drinking with the Jalisco New Generation.

And THIS? I'll goddamn marry one if I get half a chance.

Just so I can show him what.

The Johnny

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 25, 2015, 01:16:02 AM

I'll be coming from the airport; I can't really tell what to expect of the area from maps. I need to do some reading!

Hows your research going? You can ask me whatever.

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Johnny on July 27, 2015, 11:53:44 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 25, 2015, 01:16:02 AM

Hows your research going? You can ask me whatever.

Iiiiiiii don't even know. At one point I found a hostel I was going to ask you about, but then I forgot, so I am going to leave this window open as a reminder to myself to find it and ask you about the neighborhood.