News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

HAHAHAHA *snort*

Started by Doktor Howl, June 26, 2015, 08:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Quote from: LuciferX on July 01, 2015, 09:26:39 AM
Quote from: Demolition Squid on July 01, 2015, 08:12:32 AM
The fuck does joining the army have to do with perpetuating war?
Non Serviam
Exactly, it is quite hard for a war to start if both sides have no soldiers.

It gets complicated if one side does have soldiers though.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 01, 2015, 06:24:25 AM
Quote from: LuciferX on July 01, 2015, 05:50:04 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 01, 2015, 01:20:49 AM
Quote from: LuciferX on July 01, 2015, 12:18:15 AM
And it is the contract that worries me, because the commitment only dances around the notion of informed consent.

Where do you get that idea?

The potential loss is difficult to grasp for most males aged 18-28, I think, from personal experience.  I don't consider myself entirely unreasonable and yet still was susceptible to suggestion.

If I may allow mself to imagine what it feels like, I'd think the 'draft' at first was breezy, like the invitation of an open door, slowly turning into a massive undertow.

This kind of training may be good but the end result is something of a complex beast.  The only way I know to kill it is not to serve it.

I have a feeling you may have a better grasp on the subject, so I wouldn't be opposed to conversation, it's your thread?

Well, we certainly can't allow people to make decisions before they're 70.
I think LuciferX is under the impression that quitting the army is always desertion and refusing to follow unethical orders will get you locked up.
That is only true during war time, so that almost never applies.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cain

Quote from: Reginald Ret on July 01, 2015, 10:13:01 AM
It gets complicated if one side does have soldiers though.

So long as it's the other side, I can live with that.

minuspace

if our strategy wasn't MAD, I wonder how much more the 'other' side would stand against US;

or, doesn't the US having a foreign policy have a weird ring to it?

[I hate myself for saying this, but we have not lost that loving feeling]