So, Nigel posted this insanely awesome article on FB

Started by Doktor Howl, July 06, 2015, 06:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

This thing:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jul/05/too-late-to-save-world-heathrow-runway-stewart-lee

And I gotta agree in every particular, there's something else I feel I must mention.

Right now, I feel like I am hogtied in the backseat of a car, wearing no seat belt.  The Koch brothers are in the front seat, smoking meth and devouring themselves.  The one driving keeps texting about how great everything's gonna be, and his brother is looking into the back seat and screaming "PEASANT" through mouthfuls of his own skin.  Traffic is heavy.  I don't understand how we lasted THIS long.  I am, in short, uncertain as to what I should DO.

Molon Lube

LMNO

I am currently experiencing a remarkable amount of "just ignore it" in my own head right now.  It's disconcerting.

Demolition Squid

The way I see it, there's only three options on the table.

1) Laugh right along until the inevitable bang.
2) Try to get yourself free and take control of the car.
3) Get them to look in the mirror and hope they notice what they LOOK LIKE.

Option one doesn't seem like much of a solution, and those knots look pretty tight... so start gesticulating wildly, I guess. It probably won't help, but you never know when there might be a moment of clarity.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Demolition Squid on July 06, 2015, 07:01:30 PM

Option one doesn't seem like much of a solution, and those knots look pretty tight... so start gesticulating wildly, I guess. It probably won't help, but you never know when there might be a moment of clarity.

This bears thinking about.

Thing is, things need fixing as much as other things need stopping.

So, I need to escape the crazy brothers, and find someone sane and capable to drive.
Molon Lube

Reginald Ret

Yep, that is so depressing it makes me want to not think about it too.
Great writing/ranting though.

Sidenote: Demolition Squid posted that link in aneristic illusions:
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=11728.msg1380199#msg1380199
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Demolition Squid

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 06, 2015, 07:10:50 PM
Quote from: Demolition Squid on July 06, 2015, 07:01:30 PM

This bears thinking about.

Thing is, things need fixing as much as other things need stopping.

So, I need to escape the crazy brothers, and find someone sane and capable to drive.

Aye, that's the difficult bit.

Every time I think I see a good driver, it turns out they don't let those people in their car, they think they have to keep an eye on the drivers more than the road in front of them... or they've filled the ashtrays with teeth. They're just usually better at hiding their horribleness than the Brothers Koch.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Cain

I've basically accepted the next five years are going to a shit sandwich on an epic scale.

I got all my "oh fuck"s out of the way in the first week, so I've moved on to the acceptance stage of grief.  And I've accepted, on a larger scale, that no-one gives a fuck.  If they did, we wouldn't be in the situation we're in.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 06, 2015, 06:47:46 PM
This thing:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jul/05/too-late-to-save-world-heathrow-runway-stewart-lee

And I gotta agree in every particular, there's something else I feel I must mention.

Right now, I feel like I am hogtied in the backseat of a car, wearing no seat belt.  The Koch brothers are in the front seat, smoking meth and devouring themselves.  The one driving keeps texting about how great everything's gonna be, and his brother is looking into the back seat and screaming "PEASANT" through mouthfuls of his own skin.  Traffic is heavy.  I don't understand how we lasted THIS long.  I am, in short, uncertain as to what I should DO.

Boy, you ain't the only one.

Not only am I uncertain what I should do, but I have absolutely no idea how to, in short order, go about convincing all the people in developing countries that they should do it too.

We've convinced the whole world that the race to consume is the highest pinnacle of virtue and happiness humanity is capable of attaining, and it is a headlong plunge from here into the maws of global catastrophe. We were warned and warned and warned and warned, and we kept saying "NAW, IT'LL BE FINE" and purchasing new flat-screen HDTVs.

I am pretty sure it's too late to escape some pretty heavy impending badness. It might be too late to head off a great extinction.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Reginald Ret on July 06, 2015, 07:45:13 PM
Yep, that is so depressing it makes me want to not think about it too.
Great writing/ranting though.

Sidenote: Demolition Squid posted that link in aneristic illusions:
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=11728.msg1380199#msg1380199

Yeah, that's probably where I got it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."