News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

Bartkira

Started by Faust, July 07, 2015, 10:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

For the last couple of years I've been following this weird fan community composed of a load of different artists who have taken it upon themselves to remake the Manga/Anime of Akira using the Simpsons characters.

For the most part they have stuck to pretty beautiful recreations of entire pages from the manga but now that they have built up enough submissions someone has remade the old trailer from back in the day

I haven't been a fan of the Simpsons in a very long time, but something about this project just seems so strange and beautiful to me.

I've been following the tag over on Tumblr, there are years worth of submissions, some amazingly detailed so check it out if you are that way inclined.

https://www.tumblr.com/search/bartkira
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Raphaella

This is amazing! Thank you for sharing this. I've missed this place.  :wink:
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Faust

I thought they were insane when they completely finished remaking the whole of volume 1 (like 300 pages), and now they have expanded into video.

And WB, its good to have you, place has been far too quiet.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Raphaella

I wish it had subs, but it looks pretty amazing anyway.

Aww thanks Faust, we'll be trying to shake things up in Base Camp for a few I suppose. ROUSE THE NATIVES, BURN THE TOAST, DRINK TEA! that sort of rabble. It's an internet safari, because it's all new to me now.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have seen snippets of this here and there, it is delightful.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

You know, I just got back in and said to myself, "Astonish me PD! Show me wonders!" Like it was the djinn from Wishmaster.  :eek: Wish granted! That was amazing and I think I just found my next profile pic. Thanks!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

So a friend of mine is apparently a proud owner of the comics and the trailer is about to make her day. Again with the thanks Faust!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cuddlefish

I saw this a little while ago, it's pretty cool. I'm not the biggest Simpson's fan, but Akira is on my top ten best sci-fi stories three times.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Cuddlefish

It also has one of the best soundtracks ever.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?