News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

Acosmicist UNLIMITED fightin' the power thread

Started by Acosmicist, July 28, 2015, 07:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acosmicist

"So you fucking think fry cooks don't deserve a higher minimum wage?"
Yes. I do.
No one is entitled to anything.
"Rights" are the currency of implied threats.
They are not something that exists in nature.
I'm not saying this as some executive trying to justify why I'm much better than everyone else or deserve higher pay than a burger-flipper.
I'm saying this as a minimum wage-earning cashier at a gas station who takes advantage of welfare, well aware that it could disappear at any time and I could starve to death because I'm not entitled to anything everyone else insists they are entitled to.

LMNO

Acosmicist

People keep telling me how things do and do not work in the "real world".
I keep insisting that the real world works 100% of the time, that there is nothing in the real world which doesn't work exactly like it's supposed to.
It's the "real world" that doesn't work in the real world according to its own standards, proving that the real world works just fine.
-
I've spent so much time alone with only myself to keep me company, that I often find myself talking to myself to others.
I suspect I may be one of the few people who are aware that we only ever open our mouths to hear ourselves speak.
There is one thing of which I am certain; I'm definitely the only one listening.
-
A falsehood which preserves order is clearly preferable to a truth which permits chaos.
-
The Argument from Paradoxical Paradoxes:
God exists.
Now that this is out of the way, we have to define what we mean by "God".
If God is defined as omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, there are a number of logical paradoxes that can only be resolved by God using his creation as a proxy to accomplish them.
"If God is omnipotent, can God create a rock that is so heavy he cannot lift it?"
Yes. Observe.
*walks up to a giant boulder and fails to lift it*
"If God is omniscient, can God know the experience of ignorance?"
I don't know. Or... Yes... Wait... Is this a trick question?
"If God is omnipresent, can he get lost?"
I'm not going to demonstrate this one, because I'd have to find my way back.
"Can God defy logic?"
Jesus is my lord and savior.
Clearly, God's creation is an inevitable manifestation of God's abilities.
There is one paradox, however, that is unresolved...
"Can God not exist?"

Therefore, God exists.

hooplala

You may suspect you are one of the few people who are aware we only ever open our own mouths to hear ourselves speak, but it's one of the better jokes in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, so I think it's fair to assume you're not.

I'm not going to touch the assertion that you believe you are the only one listening.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

minuspace

Quote from: Acosmicist on July 28, 2015, 08:23:01 PM
People keep telling me how things do and do not work in the "real world".
I keep insisting that the real world works 100% of the time, that there is nothing in the real world which doesn't work exactly like it's supposed to.
It's the "real world" that doesn't work in the real world according to its own standards, proving that the real world works just fine.
-
I've spent so much time alone with only myself to keep me company, that I often find myself talking to myself to others.
I suspect I may be one of the few people who are aware that we only ever open our mouths to hear ourselves speak.
There is one thing of which I am certain; I'm definitely the only one listening.
-
A falsehood which preserves order is clearly preferable to a truth which permits chaos.
-
The Argument from Paradoxical Paradoxes:
God exists.
Now that this is out of the way, we have to define what we mean by "God".
If God is defined as omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, there are a number of logical paradoxes that can only be resolved by God using his creation as a proxy to accomplish them.
"If God is omnipotent, can God create a rock that is so heavy he cannot lift it?"
Yes. Observe.
*walks up to a giant boulder and fails to lift it*
"If God is omniscient, can God know the experience of ignorance?"
I don't know. Or... Yes... Wait... Is this a trick question?
"If God is omnipresent, can he get lost?"
I'm not going to demonstrate this one, because I'd have to find my way back.
"Can God defy logic?"
Jesus is my lord and savior.
Clearly, God's creation is an inevitable manifestation of God's abilities.
There is one paradox, however, that is unresolved...
"Can God not exist?"

Therefore, God exists.
Hi there!  Welcome, and I hope you find Eris' Omnibenevolence less indifferent than previous suitors :)

The Johnny

Quote from: Acosmicist on July 28, 2015, 07:49:50 PM
Yes. I do.
I'm not saying this as some executive trying to justify why I'm much better than everyone else or deserve higher pay than a burger-flipper.
I'm saying this as a minimum wage-earning cashier at a gas station who takes advantage of welfare, well aware that it could disappear at any time and I could starve to death because I'm not entitled to anything everyone else insists they are entitled to.

You know what else doesnt exist in nature? THE INTERNET.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Acosmicist

Quote from: The Johnny on July 28, 2015, 09:27:22 PM
Yes. I do.

You know what else doesnt exist in nature? THE INTERNET.
I don't know if you meant that as I interpreted it, but you're absolutely right.
The internet doesn't exist in nature either.
If we define nature as "a bunch of atoms exchanging energy".
"The internet" is a social construct intended to categorize and identify a particular manner of energy exchanges.
So, the internet exists "by definition", but that's the only condition in which it does.
You are more clever than you think you are.

Doktor Howl

Yes. I do.

You are what we doktors call an "arse biscuit".
Molon Lube

Acosmicist

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 28, 2015, 11:52:46 PM
Yes. I do.

You are what we doktors call an "arse biscuit".
That's an appeal to authority.

LMNO

Acosmicist

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 29, 2015, 12:14:06 AM
"Wroth".

Oh, honey.

*the joke*
------------------
*your head*

Was it wroth it?
Feel better now?

Don Coyote

Yes. I do.

:tldr:

Acosmicist

Quote from: Don Coyote on July 29, 2015, 12:53:07 AM
Yes. I do.

:tldr:
People who refuse to expose themselves to information which it would take their minds too much effort to incorporate into their reality tunnel make far better Discordians than those of us who have and find it amusing that they do.

At least you're putting deliberate effort into it. You're a far better man than I.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Libertarian. No higher education. Calling it now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."