News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

And Then, Suu, There's The Women

Started by Doktor Howl, July 03, 2011, 07:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

There's no real difference.

If Luke has a "really real" persona beneath his AKK mask, it's never been sighted online.  Therefore, for all intensive porpoises, it doesn't exist.

Kai

Quote from: Ambassador KLOK KAOS on July 05, 2011, 08:34:06 PM
Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on July 04, 2011, 08:35:21 AM
I think it's because you women really just can't manufacture attraction on demand.

This is the core of that issue right there.

Women are like slow moving dials with their attraction, men are like light switches.  That's a simplified generalization and if you pick it apart it doesn't make it less true.

Criteria for attraction is generally the same as well, but to different degrees.

For example, women tend to place less focus on physical aspects than men do.  Not always the case, but that's the general current of the river.

Also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXi8WmQ_WM

When people try to quantify men and women as discrete and mutually exclusive categories, I'm pretty much guaranteed that anything they say regarding this argument will be bullshit.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Eve

Quote from: ϗ, M.S. on July 06, 2011, 04:39:44 AM
When people try to quantify men and women as discrete and mutually exclusive categories, I'm pretty much guaranteed that anything they say regarding this argument will be bullshit.

Yes, this. A million times over.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

The Wizard Joseph

Once upon a time a man found a bottle and when he opened it out popped a djinn.  The man's eyes went wide and he asked, "Do i get my 3 wishes?"  "Uh, no." Said the djinn.  "I'm just a bottle djinn, not a lamp djinn, so you only get one wish!"  The man thought for a moment and asked "Can I get a bridge built from California to Hawaii? I like to visit my brother, but hate to fly." The djinn was shocked.  "That's a lot of work asshole!  It would take me years!  Pick something else.. anything.  The man said, "Well Ok.  I'd like to truly understand women!"  The djinn slumped and asked "Will that be a one lane bridge or a two lane bridge?"

To me it seems like any other building project.  All the work in the world can't fix a relationship if the raw material isn't there or is bad.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 06, 2011, 01:33:53 AM
He an Yatto are now over on Friendbuster, talking about what bad people we are, and trying to raise a troll army.   :lulz:

That group is full of creepy harassers. Yatto added me: I left it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on July 05, 2011, 09:45:58 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 05, 2011, 09:39:49 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 05, 2011, 09:38:22 PM
It's like an outlandish version of Lies, here to tell us how men and women really behave!

:lulz:

No more need for peer-reviewed journals or even introspection!  Doctor LOVE is here to tell us that it's all about blowjobs and keeping the house clean!

:lulz:

At least Lies delivery was not quite this condescending or blatantly sexist.

It's less painful, though. With Lies I keep hoping he gets a clue at some point and stops embarrassing himself. With AKK I just giggle and enjoy the hatefest :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 05, 2011, 09:55:59 PM
Quote from: COL Coyote on July 05, 2011, 09:54:44 PM
IS the rest of this thread worth reading now that AKK has fucked it up?

The rest of this BOARD is not worth reading, as AKK has fucked it up with his very presence.

I dunno.  This is just my observation, but I think everyone saw AKK arrive back on the scene and then wanted to be pissed off by him.  I mean, posters with zero experience and only the stuff they've heard from us old timers were starting at angry with him, before he hardly said much.  Now, yeah, he obviously was doing some trolling in this thread, but, if he has disrupted this board in any way, in my opinion, people wanted it to be disrupted.  I've been reading most of the threads he's posted in and I think he's been much more even keel than he was before. 

I mean, I really don't see how he's that much different than someone like Lies, some guy with an alpha-male personality that wants attention. 

But, just curious, what did he do to get banned? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Back to the OP, this is the theme song of The Friend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gglbF-I28rQ

i'm the one
i've been here for you all along
i'm the one
the shoulder you've been cryin on

nice guys finish last
no one knows as good as me
we're just good friends
and you come to me for sympathy

you tell me that i'm not your type
still you call me late at night
everytime he picks a fight
after all he's said and all he's done

i'm the one
i'm the one

he's a total dick
that's the truth and you know i'm right
from everything you say
theres no way he'll ever do you right

you love a man who treats you wrong
you think you'll change him
but you're wrong
he'll use you he'll say so long
after all he's said and all he's done

i'm the one
i'm the one

i'm the one who wants you more than anything
you don't feel the same way you made it clear to me
but i'll stand my ground and maybe
you'll hear what i've been sayin
after all i've said and all i've done

i'm the one
i'm the one
i'm the one

Doktor Howl

I dealt with the friend thing a couple of times, until I got to the point where if I was friends with a girl, and no chemistry was evident within a month, I permanently filed them in the friend catagory, and moved on.  Less angst that way.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Quote from: ϗ, M.S. on July 06, 2011, 04:39:44 AM

:mittens:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on July 06, 2011, 07:43:52 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 06, 2011, 01:33:53 AM
He an Yatto are now over on Friendbuster, talking about what bad people we are, and trying to raise a troll army.   :lulz:

That group is full of creepy harassers. Yatto added me: I left it.

Yatto was mad that I was there.  He called it "his hood".  After dumping on him a bit, I left and blocked him.
Molon Lube

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 06, 2011, 02:35:34 PM
I dealt with the friend thing a couple of times, until I got to the point where if I was friends with a girl, and no chemistry was evident within a month, I permanently filed them in the friend catagory, and moved on.  Less angst that way.

Not me...  I've had male friends who I carried a crush for, for years, sometimes.  Once in awhile, they caught on, and we either gave it a shot (some worked out great, one or two fell flat and we went back to being friends), or we decided to let things lie.  I've only had one explode, and that one was my own damn fault for being willing to give things a shot on 100% his terms.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

If I could measure the sexual tension between Travisses and myself, we'd both be millionaires. Fortunately, we worked through it. Unfortunately, it partly cost me my marriage and a lot of damage control in our social circles. We're STILL dealing with residual shit.

I found a letter from Herbert the other day regarding it that basically flipped back on my switch of pure hate for him for a few seconds. It was absolutely toxic, and I wanted to walk over to the Monastery and shoot him for existing. Then I calmed down and remembered it was long over.

As for Dartmouth Fett, I can't figure out if he still wants to maintain communication so that we're still friends, so he can keep me on the hook, or to save his reputation. I don't understand it and it's frustrating me. Personally, I don't think he understands it either, and that I broke his brain last week when he got his b-day doodle. Either way, if he shows up this weekend, and we do end up going to Hartford for the day, I know I'll have at least an hour to get into his head...maybe two, if I don't get stranded in CT from pissing him off. (I may need some people on call.) If he wants to play nice, fine, I'm down with playing nice, especially since we have a lot of mutual friends, but I want answers, and I will get the answers I need through whatever means necessary. I mean, the guy WANTS to drive the hour and a half to see me. If he was through with me, he wouldn't waste the gas. Hence, my confuzzlement.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Her Royal Suuness on July 06, 2011, 05:57:04 PM
If I could measure the sexual tension between Travisses and myself, we'd both be millionaires. Fortunately, we worked through it. Unfortunately, it partly cost me my marriage and a lot of damage control in our social circles. We're STILL dealing with residual shit.

I found a letter from Herbert the other day regarding it that basically flipped back on my switch of pure hate for him for a few seconds. It was absolutely toxic, and I wanted to walk over to the Monastery and shoot him for existing. Then I calmed down and remembered it was long over.

As for Dartmouth Fett, I can't figure out if he still wants to maintain communication so that we're still friends, so he can keep me on the hook, or to save his reputation. I don't understand it and it's frustrating me. Personally, I don't think he understands it either, and that I broke his brain last week when he got his b-day doodle. Either way, if he shows up this weekend, and we do end up going to Hartford for the day, I know I'll have at least an hour to get into his head...maybe two, if I don't get stranded in CT from pissing him off. (I may need some people on call.) If he wants to play nice, fine, I'm down with playing nice, especially since we have a lot of mutual friends, but I want answers, and I will get the answers I need through whatever means necessary. I mean, the guy WANTS to drive the hour and a half to see me. If he was through with me, he wouldn't waste the gas. Hence, my confuzzlement.

Why do you want anything at all to do with this guy?  Please do not convince yourself he will not do the same thing again.  It doesn't matter if he is through with you, you need to be done with him.  DONE.  No more.  Put him on the dead list.  Move on, the pastures are greener where the fuckers aren't cheating.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Her Royal Suuness on July 06, 2011, 05:57:04 PM

Suu:  Step back and read this from a fresh perspective.
Molon Lube