Started by navkat, February 13, 2012, 04:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Iptuous on February 14, 2012, 03:53:18 PM
Quote from: Billy the Twid on February 14, 2012, 03:49:02 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on February 14, 2012, 03:42:38 PM
Quote from: Billy the Twid on February 14, 2012, 03:40:55 PM
Belgians can breed with humans?

Yes.  the offspring are, in fact, more rugged than Belgians, and more docile than humans.
they are, unfortunately, sterile.

But will they carry your shit and pull your cart?

I don't know.  they are generally harvested for their soft soft fur, and their lean meat (high in omega fatty acids) well before they reach the point that they could carry much.

Everything always comes back to eating babies.  :lol:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

kingyak

For the past year or so, every time Ol' Slac by Grayson Capps has popped up in my music rotation, I've thought "I should find out who Joe Cain was" and then forgotten by the time I was in a position to do so. Thanks for the history.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

navkat

Quote from: kingyak on February 14, 2012, 06:02:54 PM
For the past year or so, every time Ol' Slac by Grayson Capps has popped up in my music rotation, I've thought "I should find out who Joe Cain was" and then forgotten by the time I was in a position to do so. Thanks for the history.

Hey, thanks for enjoying it and thanks for the feedback. Mardi Gras is a big part of my religion in The Church of Laissez Faire Hedonism.

No, all joking aside; in spite of the dark history, Mardi Gras really is very close to my heart. After being on the Gulf for almost 8 years (with the exceptions of the two winters in there that I lived in Vancouver, CA and back in my hometown in NY last year), I've realized that I really don't want to live anywhere that doesn't break up that most awful part of winter from New Year's to Easter (when everything is coldest and darkest and dreariest) with something to hoot and holler about. This goes beyond Seasonal Affective Disorder--there's a vibe I can't explain.

And It's not like what everybody thinks: shitfaced women flashing their titties and being objectified by men who are about one one line of blow away from rape. Mobile likes to claim for themselves the designation of "The family-oriented Mardi Gras" and that's really only half-true. While it's true that if you flash your titties anywhere during a parade in Mobile, you're going to Metro, it is also true that Carnival is a large part of family tradition in New Orleans, as well.

The sex-crazed hedonism is welcomed on and around Bourbon St, only in NOLA but people bring their kids to the parades and have "their spot" that they've had in the family for generations in New Orleans. Actually, most of the parade routes in New Orleans are safe for children and in some areas, you flash your junk, you're going straight to O.P.P for indecent.

Carnival revelry is like a giant, community-wide catharsis. When you're out there, catching Moon Pies and beads and toys and doubloons, you're not thinking of the economy, politics, getting your transmission fixed, your lover who dumped you or any of the evils of the world. You are screaming your bloody head off and if you're anything like me and my ilk; you're looking out for the guy next to you and making sure you catch at least one stuffed animal for his 2-year-old child who's too young to catch but has sparkles in his eyes every time a float goes by with Spongebob or a Mermaid on it. It is a massive 2-3-week long morale boost and I've hugged and shaken hands with and cheered alongside total strangers every single year that I might never have spoken a word to in Target or on the street. I've seen total strangers who are poor as dirt, catch some flashy toy and give it to my kid...catch a rose and hand it to me. I do the same for their kids too. It brings out the absolute best in human beings that I have ever seen since the Rave ended and I'm getting a little choked up just explaining it to you.

I enjoy sharing this stuff with you guys. It means a lot to me. I wish this feeling on everyone. I wish this for everyone.

<3 <3 <3